gave the oslo some attention today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sullystull

Feeling the Heat
May 7, 2008
WV Mountains
I have the older model oslo with the steel baffle plates. One of them was starting to warp a bit so I decided to replace both of them with the new vermiculite option. I removed the top-plates and stuck the new plate right in. While I had the top plate off, I went ahead and replaced the gasket. I also vacuumed out the inside of the stove and the top of the insulation blanket. Once it was back together, I polished the entire stove and cleaned the glass...looks like a brand new stove. I then went ahead and gave the chimney a sweep. It feels good to check those chores off the list and know that I'm ready for the burning season.

Whooops...this should have been in the hearth room...maybe a mod can re-locate:)

Status
Not open for further replies.