Geico vs liberty mutual

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisasst

Minister of Fire
Aug 13, 2008
cortland ny
I have had liberty mutual for 4 years. Thinking about switching to geico, according to the unofficial quote online, it would save me about $70... I have had a couple of claims and LM has been good. Don't really know how geico is about claims, paying up, etc...

I was shopping around for insurance about 6 months ago as my son started driving, Got quotes from about every company known, ended up going with Allstate. felt they gave me they gave me the best deal, changed my home owners policy over to them as well

Liberty Mutual screwed me on a homeowners claim. Didn't even bother to come out and look, just denied me over the phone. Dumped them and will never go back.
BTW, Ohio Casualty is also part of Liberty Mutual.

Geico is direct without local agents as far as I know. Do you have an agent locally that you use through L.M.? Sometimes cost savings are by not having an agent. I like having one as they will go to the registry for transactions and help with paperwork. It is just a matter of conveniece since I don't have much time to deal with running around.

That would be the day when I signed up with geico. Geico are the people that brought the infamous "geico gun". Quite a few years ago some winner at geico though it would be a great idea to give police departments free radar guns with the only requirement of writing as many tickets as they could. Car & Driver magazine went around with this for a long time. They would have to be the last auto insurer on earth before I would consider them, Randy

I have been price shopping many times for insurance over the years. Geico has never been the cheapest, or close to it. Someone has to pay for those cutesy ads…
Geico was originally Government Employees Insurance Company, for Gov't employees only. Guess they weren't making enough money, so they went public. I remember one of their agents being really snotty to me years ago, still leaves a bad impression on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.