GEICO Woodchuck ad on YouTube

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LLigetfa

Minister of Fire
Nov 9, 2008
NW Ontario
I don't know if this has been posted here before.

Yeah sometime last winter. I love that ad.

Almost as good as the dogs chasing cats, a la "Bullitt."

oh crap... was that Dennis?

Proof that wood can be too dry!

CTYank said:

Huh? Was that a Geico commercial or something? I've never seen it.

My wife loves that video. She laughs every time she sees it. Thanks for reposting that LLigetfa.

yooperdave said:
woodchuck...groundhhog...whistlepig...any other names for 'em? varmint/critters don't count
yep. you forgot to list Marmots, which is what they're called out here- the 2 main species we have out here are Yellow-bellied marmots & Hoary marmots. Our dog loved to hunt them, although he didn't always stash them in the best of places- like in the plain view of tourists.

Mt Ski Bum said:
yooperdave said:
woodchuck...groundhhog...whistlepig...any other names for 'em? varmint/critters don't count
yep. you forgot to list Marmots, which is what they're called out here- the 2 main species we have out here are Yellow-bellied marmots & Hoary marmots. Our dog loved to hunt them, although he didn't always stash them in the best of places- like in the plain view of tourists.
We call 'em Rockchucks. They are all over the avalanche chutes around here.

Beetle-Kill said:
Mt Ski Bum said:
yooperdave said:
We call 'em Rockchucks. They are all over the avalanche chutes around here.
they're all over the place here... from the foothills to the summits of mtns well above the tree-line... you can't escape them! :bug:

mayhem said:
CTYank said:

Huh? Was that a Geico commercial or something? I've never seen it.

Yes, first aired in the NY area this past month.

Question was: "Do dogs chase cats?" We then see dogs and cats driving cars up/down hills as in the Steve McQueen movie "Bullitt." Almost inhaled some beer, first I saw it.

Beetle-Kill said:
We call 'em Rockchucks.
Hey you damn rockchucks! Quit chuckin' my rocks! :p

Dix would be up for that..I dunno about Matisse :bug:

BrotherBart said:
fossil said:
I liked this ad back when It came out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pk7yqlTMvp8

That is hilarious. I made a whole career out of chucking things at EDS but that is one funny commercial to somebody that used to herd him some cows and now has a cat.

Yeah, I dunno squat about EDS...I just got a real kick out of the ad. Can't even remember where or when I first saw it. Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.