Geneva Pellets..SP Pellets.....anybody else burning these..??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bigruckus

Jun 2, 2011
Northern Maine, Millinocket
I just picked up 2 tons of Geneva pellets...cost me $440.00 for the 2 tons..I been burning these for several days...I like them..nice low ash and lots of heat...bags are clean inside and the size of the pellets are great for my Thelin 3000...pellet size is close to an inch and smaller..Bags are stamped on corner..mine where dated 8/11..these were just sent to the stove shop on Monday and kept in a small shed...I have them in my garage right now...overall al I have 2 tons of MWP (mixed) and 2 tons of Geneva..man...this pellet buying is crazy..I want to buy every kind of pellet I see...Yesterday I bought 5 bags of MWP 100% softwood pellets, 4 Energex and 2 bags of Cornith Hardwood..

bigruckus said:
I just picked up 2 tons of Geneva pellets...cost me $440.00 for the 2 tons..I been burning these for several days...I like them..nice low ash and lots of heat...bags are clean inside and the size of the pellets are great for my Thelin 3000...pellet size is close to an inch and smaller..Bags are stamped on corner..mine where dated 8/11..these were just sent to the stove shop on Monday and kept in a small shed...I have them in my garage right now...overall al I have 2 tons of MWP (mixed) and 2 tons of Geneva..man...this pellet buying is crazy..I want to buy every kind of pellet I see...Yesterday I bought 5 bags of MWP 100% softwood pellets, 4 Energex and 2 bags of Cornith Hardwood..

I hereby anoint you with OINKS.

Please welcome the newest member of the Pellet Pig Club bigruckus ....

Mr. Ruckus Sir if you would be so kind, please add:

Proud member of the Pellet Pig Club†OINK OINK!!
“You pellet pigs should be ashaimed of yourselvesâ€-eernest4-Grand Poobah-Pellet Pig Club

to your signature and go forth and root among the pellet piles.

SmokeyTheBear said:
bigruckus said:

I hereby anoint you with OINKS.

Please welcome the newest member of the Pellet Pig Club bigruckus ....

Mr. Ruckus Sir if you would be so kind, please add:

Proud member of the Pellet Pig Club†OINK OINK!!
“You pellet pigs should be ashaimed of yourselvesâ€-eernest4-Grand Poobah-Pellet Pig Club

to your signature and go forth and root among the pellet piles.

Smokey..thanks for the honor...it's been updated!!

I've been wondering about these. Local dealer is out of stock of lots of the brands that I'm familiar with but he has these. However, they are $259 per ton (2+ tons) plus delivery charge. They're a bit more here in MA.

FredDels said:
I've been wondering about these. Local dealer is out of stock of lots of the brands that I'm familiar with but he has these. However, they are $259 per ton (2+ tons) plus delivery charge. They're a bit more here in MA.

That is not to bad...figuring the extra distance from the factory...I'm about 100 miles from the plant...I went and got my pellets...borrowed a trailer from the American Loggers...the Pelletiers and spent $20 in gas to travel..I also bet these will be more once people try them...I'm buring them right now and my back room is 76 degrees...almost 4-5 degrees hotter then my MWP burns...temp is 36 outside. One thing I like about the pellets is the size..1 1/4" and smaller...my Thelin likes the smaller sized pellets..

Thanks. I'll go pick up about 10 bags this weekend and give them a try when it gets a little colder here. We're actually headed for some warmer weather next week. I still need to get this pellet furnace hooked up into my duct work.

On Geneva, I burned 2 bags end of last season, as preview from my local dealer.

Liked them SO much I bought 4 tons. I have not regretted the purchase at all, I paid 225/ton I think..., and they like my stove a lot. Between these and Okies, I'm very happy with these brands. My wife commented on them also, so at least I know I'm not just going pellet crazy.

mpcm said:
On Geneva, I burned 2 bags end of last season, as preview from my local dealer.

Liked them SO much I bought 4 tons. I have not regretted the purchase at all, I paid 225/ton I think..., and they like my stove a lot. Between these and Okies, I'm very happy with these brands. My wife commented on them also, so at least I know I'm not just going pellet crazy.

I enjoy watching the big yellow flames with the blue bases...only issue is my face get hot while I watch them...ha...ha..

I just ordered 4 tons of the these Geneva pellets to be delivered next week.

So far, I've burned about 3/4 of a ton and I find that the heat output seems to be fine. However, I do think there's a lot of ash with these pellets.

Status
Not open for further replies.