Geneva Wood Fuels Story Sunday 2/13/11

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Harman Lover 007

Minister of Fire
nice, makes me want to try some for next year...

I am from the same town as the Geneva plant. My uncle brings a lot of wood to them. Would really like to see them make a go of it!!!

Anybody try them yet?

A local pellet house has them due in early April. Promised me 2 bags to sample and post a review. He is also carring the sister pellet Maine Choice.

$265/ton on the Geneva and $220/ton on the Maine Choice. Only bummer is he is dropping the MWP from athens.

http://genevapellets.com/default.html

Latest News

3/9/11 - Geneva Wood Fuels Launches New Brand - Geneva Wood Fuels is proud to announce the launch of its new brand of super premium hardwood pellet fuel. Geneva Pellets will only be found at independent dealers of wood pellet fuel. We are currently seeking dealers to market and sell this new line of fuel. Exclusivity in certain markets will be rewarded if minimum orders are received. To ensure availability and timely delivery, Geneva will secure orders via signed letter of intent or purchase order.

Specs he has listed on the Geneva pellets

• Super Premium Grade

• Ash Content Less than 0.5%

• Moisture Less than4%-6%

• Heat Value over 8400 BTU per pound

• Fines Less than 0.5

Love trying new pellets! :) :cheese:

Attachments

• 110303GWPwebbag_000.jpg
    110303GWPwebbag_000.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 527
j-takeman said:

oh boy......we need to call you pig mama, if you have a dog i think you'll use his house to store MORE for the already BIG stash..... :p

geek said:
j-takeman said:

oh boy......we need to call you pig mama, if you have a dog i think you'll use his house to store MORE for the already BIG stash..... :p

No, I got to keep the dog house open just in case I need a new place to stay! ;-P But the lawn shed might get stuffed! :cheese:

Has anyone tried these yet?
If these are decent and are priced right, I may want to burn them next year.

Still waiting for my local pellet house to get some in. He promised me a sample to review. They were supposed to have some in by early April, But nothing yet. I might be running out of time to burn them. Warmer weather is approaching!

Haven't seen the new bag, but recently I bought 25 bags of the "regular" Maine Choice green bag with the moose on the front to burn as a shoulder pellet instead of my Okies. Last year I burnt about 2 1/2 tons of the Maine choice so I wasn't to concerned about buying some this year. I am down to 2 bags and can't wait to be rid of them what a dirty pellet. Cleaning intervals on my Castile went from 2 weeks with Okies to max 3 days with the Maine Choice. I don't know why they are so dirty but won't by again even if they go on sale. Sure glad I didn't buy too many.

Status
Not open for further replies.