Get 'em while they're hot boys....... (Splitters that is!)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MasterMech

Anybody within driving distance of 12566 and in the market for a splitter? The Huskee 22ton unit is on sale for $999 until Sept 27th.

Everybody else..... Check your local TSC!

Call the store first and explicitly ask if they have any NEW (not used/returned/trashed) ones for $999. Local store had several junk Huskee 22T units they were trying to sell for $999, but no new ones in stock.

1032822_A2

spacer.gif

$949.99 Here (ZIP 48507)

1032822_A2

spacer.gif

$949.99
Was: $999.99
save $50.00

Can TSC do $850 delivered to NJ?

Anybody within driving distance of 12566 and in the market for a splitter? The Huskee 22ton unit is on sale for $999 until Sept 27th.

Everybody else..... Check your local TSC!
FIL just bought one at our local TSC....same price.....
Glad he did, too.....he used to "borrow" mine every summer (and I was a nervous wreck when he did), every time I loan out a tool it comes back 'broken'....;hm

FIL just bought one at our local TSC....same price.....
Glad he did, too.....he used to "borrow" mine every summer (and I was a nervous wreck when he did), every time I loan out a tool it comes back 'broken'....;hm

I'm done loaning my major tools. If they don't come back damaged, they don't come back at all and I have to go get them. It's a good way to damage a friendship, it just happened to me. I own the tools because I need and use them. Small tools maybe. I no longer loan my splitter, generator, compressor, saws, etc.

Reactions: ScotO
Hydros are the only way to go.... :)

I would like to have a Huskee one day. If I could ever sell my MTD for a decent price. I like the options on the Huskee. An adjustable throttle is the best feature that I'd want

Hydros are the only way to go.... :)

I would like to have a Huskee one day. If I could ever sell my MTD for a decent price. I like the options on the Huskee. An adjustable throttle is the best feature that I'd want
What engine is on that MTD Dex? Should be able to retro a speed control easily. If you just want to turn it down/up you can adjust the governor spring anchor.

Have to look to be sure. But I know its a "Breaks & Scatters" engine.

All engines should have a throttle control. IMO

$949 online, I'm gonna call for shipping price...
Don't bother. Just call your local TSC, ask for the manager on duty (best to do M-F/9-5, as that's when the senior manager will be there), and explain the situation. That's what I did, and they gave it to me at the sale price without a second thought.

Don't bother. Just call your local TSC, ask for the manager on duty (best to do M-F/9-5, as that's when the senior manager will be there), and explain the situation. That's what I did, and they gave it to me at the sale price without a second thought.

And if you are feeling ambitious, ask if you can put it together yourself. That's what I did - and they threw in the log catcher. Can't say they will all give you a break on the price, but when I started researching the Husky on this site last winter, it seemed one of the few complaints wasn't about the unit itself, but the in store assembly. I worked with the manager so that it came off his delivery truck and went into my trailer.

Also, you will get a pretty good sized pallet to burn.

Have to look to be sure. But I know its a "Breaks & Scatters" engine.

All engines should have a throttle control. IMO
Check the IPL for the model, type and code. Often the parts are listed in there whether your engine was spec'd with 'em or not.

I got an easy ok from the wife to get one! All she said was check Craig's list first.....I prefer buying it in a box, than hauling it on the parkway doing 70 mph. does anyone know if it is difficult to put together?

I'll stick with my 20 ton didier that I scored on CL for 150 bucks. It handles what the fiskars can't

ADAA83CF-D25D-4AD9-B73B-7F5487A9BB94-3510-00000CB47DD625D8.jpg

I got an easy ok from the wife to get one! All she said was check Craig's list first.....I prefer buying it in a box, than hauling it on the parkway doing 70 mph. does anyone know if it is difficult to put together?

NEVER exceed 45 mph when towing your Huskee log splitter. Towing the log splitter at speeds higher than 45 mph could result in loss of control, damage to the equipment , serious injury or death.

I was thinking that as well guys, that's why I would rather take it home in a box and have a pallet to put some splits on, :)
I don't even have a ball on my Ram... But anyways, does anyone know how difficult it is to put one together? Thanks.....

When I was checking TSC online for my area, the 22 ton is listed for $999. My listing shows B&S engines, the 28 ton had the Honda engine. I thought that most people did not like the B&S engines??

I don't even have a ball on my Ram... But anyways, does anyone know how difficult it is to put one together?..
If you're not experienced with trailering, you'll have some fun trying to back up with that little splitter in tow.

They're easy enough to assemble for the teenagers making $6/hr at TSC.

Ramwithan axe-The general concensus on those things is that if you are going any sort of distance or above 45mph is that they need trailered, not towed. They bounce like h3ll with no suspension, and the tounge itself isnt all that thick either. Your ram will take a 2" ball on the bumper and pull a small trailer with the splitter on it easily. If thats not an option, just tow it, take the slow careful way home, and check the hydro fluid before you use it. Some will leak out of the vent hole on the tank cap if its a bumpy ride. Good idea to check the whole thing over since a teenager will be assembling it more than likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.