Get your stoves ready...freeze alert here in NY

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

imacman

Just got my "Weatherbug Alert" chirping away at me. Frost tonight, and freezing temps possible at night until Monday morning. :grrr:

http://weather.weatherbug.com/NY/New Windsor-weather/severe-weather/local-alerts.html
zcode=MWB10&alert_state=NY&alert_fips=36071&alert_id=92232001

EDIT Oh well, the link doesn't work, but you get the idea..... BRRRRRRRRR

Link get us to weatherbug. Put in your zip and you will see your 2 day.

I got 36º for tonight and a 53º high tomorrow and a 30º low. The stove is a waiting to keep me warm!

jay

north of 60 said:
:gulp: :lol:

Yeah, yeah, we know......it doesn't sound too bad from your point of view, North of 60, eh ?

But, cold seems to always to be followed by snow........ I don't like cold, and I HATE snow! :mad:

macman said:
north of 60 said:

Yeah, yeah, we know......it doesn't sound too bad from you point of view, North of 60, eh ?

But....cold seems to always to be followed by snow, and I don't like cold, and I HATE snow! :mad:

Mac there is a place called Florida. Seems to stay above freezing all year long. But they don't have any pellets stove's there, So I am staying here for now! Maybe some day.

jay

jtakeman said:
.....Mac there is a place called Florida. Seems to stay above freezing all year long. But they don't have any pellets stove's there, So I am staying here for now! Maybe some day......jay

Yeah, I know about that Florida place Jay. But my kids are still in school, so I'm "stuck" here, so to speak. Another 4 years before I can even think of moving.

As much as I like my pellet stove, I'd trade it for less cold and NO snow anytime.

I hear Texas and New Mexico are nice......

I moved down here from Canada to escape the cold, but the summers (in the upper 90's) have their drawbacks also. At least you can put on more layers in the cold...you can only take off so much in the summer. :red:

macman said:
jtakeman said:
.....Mac there is a place called Florida. Seems to stay above freezing all year long. But they don't have any pellets stove's there, So I am staying here for now! Maybe some day......jay

Yeah, I know about that Florida place Jay. But my kids are still in school, so I'm "stuck" here, so to speak. Another 4 years before I can even think of moving.

As much as I like my pellet stove, I'd trade it for less cold and NO snow anytime.

I hear Texas and New Mexico are nice......

I'm ok with the average cold, I hate the negitive crap! I have a little longer than you, Until I can head south. No way I am moving to Florida. too many damb bugs there. Carolina's maybe. I still want my pellet stove! Just less extreme cold and I won't miss the snow till xmas!

jay

sculptor said:
I moved down here from Canada to escape the cold, but the summers (in the upper 90's) have their drawbacks also. At least you can put on more layers in the cold...you can only take off so much in the summer. :red:

Its when ya gotta start covering up your face is when I have had enough and start getting that southern envy.

jtakeman said:
macman said:
north of 60 said:

Yeah, yeah, we know......it doesn't sound too bad from you point of view, North of 60, eh ?

But....cold seems to always to be followed by snow, and I don't like cold, and I HATE snow! :mad:

Mac there is a place called Florida. Seems to stay above freezing all year long. But they don't have any pellets stove's there, So I am staying here for now! Maybe some day.

jay

Yup, I plan on heading to that Florida place when we're done here in Canada. :)

north of 60 said:
....Its when ya gotta start covering up your face is when I have had enough and start getting that southern envy.

Hey north, here's a nice pic...maybe you can use this for your avatar:

Attachments

• 60 Deg. north.jpg
    60 Deg. north.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 362
Think about this, cause we live in a chilly northern climate and have to spend all this money over our lifetimes on heating, i wonder and maybe dont want to know how much you'd save over a lifetime not having to buy, heating products, like oil/gas/pellets/wood/stoves/furnaces/and dont forget maintainance......i bet it's in the 100 of thousands of dollars wasted up a chimney in a lifetime.
After watching HGTV and seeing homes in Texass selling for $100k and there huge!!...why am i here in rip us off Ct?

No freeze alert here but I'll admit it, I caved under the pressure and my stove is fired up as I type.
Glad I gave it and the vent the full cleaning after shut down in May.
All I had to do was dump a bag of pellets in and hit the button. :coolsmile:

Attachments

• 101209.jpg
    101209.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 239
Xena said:
No freeze alert here but I'll admit it, I caved under the pressure and my stove is fired up as I type.
Glad I gave it and the vent the full cleaning after shut down in May.
All I had to do was dump a bag of pellets in and hit the button. :coolsmile:

made me feel all warm just looking at that great flame Xena. :smirk:

macman said:
north of 60 said:
....Its when ya gotta start covering up your face is when I have had enough and start getting that southern envy.

Hey north, here's a nice pic...maybe you can use this for your avatar:

Looks like ya made it up here. Good for you. Seems to be on the to-do list for many people. I hope you enjoyed your visit. It was on my to-do list. I liked it so much, when I returned I gave my employer 2 months notice, packed my bags , sold my house and now I am living my dream. An armload of pine at a time. Cheers.

north of 60 said:
.....Looks like ya made it up here........I liked it so much, when I returned I gave my employer 2 months notice, packed my bags , sold my house and now I am living my dream. An armload of pine at a time. Cheers.

No, just found that pic online google search...but would love to visit sometime. Too cold & snowy for my taste, but I'm glad you found your "dream". Enjoy!!

Pete

sleet warning for ya tomorrow night jay!!

briansol said:
sleet warning for ya tomorrow night jay!!

Oh' Don't say that darn word. It's way to early for this crap yet!

I going to hibernate early this year! :lol:

jay

i hear ya... Bob Maxon said NW hills ~1000 ft should see some sleet

Status
Not open for further replies.