gettin' the routine down

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

flyingcow

Minister of Fire
Jun 4, 2008
northern-half of maine
Well now that the systems complete, getting into a good routine. Been pretty mild out, but been able to start a fire about 4 or 5pm and refill once(about 1/2 to 1/3 firebox) and it brings everything up to temp and have plenty of hot water for the 3 kids and wife in the am. Had the dom water still running thru the boilermate, but now finally got it hooked up to the coil in the tank. Big diff! Used to have to have the tank up to at least 140+ so as not get complaints of cold showers. Once I get the living room done in staple up radiant(kitchens has it already), it'll be even better. Appreciate everyones time on this site.

Like you, I'm new. I think today makes a month since we fired up, and we haven't burned a drop of oil since. Today was a milestone for me - the first time we went 24 hrs between last stoking and next kindling. A 20 hour window will let me just have fires in the evening and skip the morning routine, so, barring another real cold snap, life should get a little easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.