getting ready for winter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

woodsmaster

Minister of Fire
Jan 25, 2010
N.W. Ohio
It's finally dry enough to get in the woods so I've been trying to haul split and stack here's what I got so far, Probably around 4 cord at home . Have about 2 cord cut that is still in the woods.

Attachments

• boiler room wood.jpg
    boiler room wood.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 489
  • boiler room wood 1.jpg
    boiler room wood 1.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 489
  • wood proces.jpg
    wood proces.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 494
  • wood proces 1.jpg
    wood proces 1.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 497
more.

Attachments

• wood proces 3.jpg
    wood proces 3.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 487
Awesome! Have close to 4 cord for this coming winter myself....Working on 12/13....Over here in WNY off the lake it gets pretty cold!

woodsmaster said:
It's finally dry enough to get in the woods so I've been trying to haul split and stack here's what I got so far, Probably around 4 cord at home . Have about 2 cord cut that is still in the woods.

Looks good woodmaster, you have had a wet one in Ohio. I actually would like some rain.

zap

The woods should be dry for a couple months now so it is a good time for some to get their wood out. I still prefer to do it during the winter months though.

I also prefer to process wood in the winter ,but I got behind so now it's time to catch up and hopefully get a year ahead. this winter I'm hoping to be working on my 2013 - 2014 wood then I won't need to process wood in the summer next year.

That sounds like a good plan woodsmaster. Good luck.

zapny said:
woodsmaster said:

Looks good woodmaster, you have had a wet one in Ohio. I actually would like some rain.

zap

It was a very wet spring. Now it is getting to dry. I just mowed the weeds in the yard. First i've mowed in about 2 1/2 weeks. The weeds are the only thing growing. It's to dry for the grass.

Looks like you have some ash, are you saving the bark for starting fires?

weatherguy said:
Looks like you have some ash, are you saving the bark for starting fires?

Yes. Most of it falls right off. It makes a good fire starter. The wood in the pictures is about 99% white ash. There is a few sticks of cottenwood mixed in from a couple limbs that came down in my yard.

woodsmaster said:
The wood in the pictures is about 99% white ash.
woodsmaster said:
I also prefer to process wood in the winter ,but I got behind so now it's time to catch up and hopefully get a year ahead.
So the wood in the pictures is for this year? Was it dead, or cut green?

thewood in the pictures is for this year? Was it dead, or cut green?

Yes this years wood cut dead. It registered 24% on the moisture meter when just split. It will be fine for this fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.