getting the work done.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ecocavalier02

Minister of Fire
Dec 12, 2008
ct
Got most of the stacks reorganized now. feels good. making more room. worked a little late tonight. was perfect working weather in the 20's got this cool pic. made everything look blue.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 294
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 318
Looks good, neat & organized.
Now you have room to get more :)

Eery looking picture, the "Fire Wood Ghost" must be close by, cold chill up your back ? :)

Nice work....makes my place look like a disaster

Lookin' good! I need more splits and less rounds, but I don't think I can hack temps in the 20's unless I get some better gloves...

bogydave said:
Looks good, neat & organized.
Now you have room to get more :)

Eery looking picture, the "Fire Wood Ghost" must be close by, cold chill up your back ? :)
lol. yeah. im trying to make more room. have prob 10 cords all together in my stacks and uglies. then i have at least 5 or 6 more cords in logs/ rounds that i have to work through. so plenty of work to do. probably going to go out and work in the snow a little today.

Woody Stover said:
Lookin' good! I need more splits and less rounds, but I don't think I can hack temps in the 20's unless I get some better gloves...
i just use a regular pair of carhartt mechanic work gloves. work fine for me. most of the time i dont even wear them. wear them at work to even if its in the single digits and teens they work good for me. i guess everyones different though.. once im warmed i can get away without wearing them for a while

Looks good nice work.

I like the "blue" picture - cool.
Sweet to have a large quantity of wood put up to. I got to wondering though about your stacks - do you have any room between those stacks to get in there? When it comes time to use that wood it appears that you will have to start at the end row and work your way in. Not an issue, just a limitation. What I have worked towards in having my "pallet/stack" footprint layed out such that I can get my wheel barrow and/or snow blower between the stacks. When a stack empties, it gets filled back up - like a continuos cycle.

Status
Not open for further replies.