Glass Cleaner

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eatonpcat

Minister of Fire
Jul 24, 2011
Eaton Township, Ohio
Anyone ever try this??? If so do you like it??

IMG_0527.jpg

I have not used that brand, I took the wifes glass cooktop cleaner that is a white paste like a buffing compound . Works very well and cleans glass like new.

Nope, never used that one. I'm sure it will do a good job. I have used and like this one...

Attachments

• speedy_white_hearth_stove_cleaner.jpg
    speedy_white_hearth_stove_cleaner.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 769
I have, its good stuff.

Delta-T said:
I have, its good stuff.

I do agree very good and not all that much is needed. I really only use this maybe 2-4 times a season. My normal cleaning is before i light the stove up with some warm wet paper towels.......wipe done good......dry it up....thats bout it.

How much elbow grease to you need to use with these products on COLD glass that has a pretty good creosote BUILD-UP on it?

Does it wipe right off; or is there a little scrubbing; or a lot of scrubbing to do?

yes i have ..but only use it if i have a problem getting the glass clean with windex.also no you dont have to scrub

Only had to use a wet towl so far. The glass on the Accentra stays pretty clean. hope it stays that way.

Cold glass - warm wet paper towel with a little ash
Hot glass - dry paper towel
If you get a newspaper, that works as good as paper towel
Or waste your money, if ya just GOTTA have store bought.

All I use is a wet paper towel now once a week when I empty the ashes for over two seasons. The glass is still clear.

Hello

The white creamy Cooktop cleaner sold at Home Depot is the same stuff. You get alot more for alot less money.

$6.99 for 20 ounces
http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc...splay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

You can also dip a paper towel in water and then in pellet ash. That cleans the window quite well!

Either one of the above is alot cheaper than the Rutland Glass Cleaner I see on Amazon.com
$12.10 for 8 ounces !!!!
http://www.amazon.com/Rutland-Produ...NMNY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1319848285&sr=8-1

Also Simple Green Glass cleaner at lowes works good
No Bleach or ammonia that will ruin the high temp ceramic glass.
http://www.lowes.com/ProductDisplay...gId=10051&cmRelshp=req&rel=nofollow&cId=PDIO1

Attachments

• PSBrush&GlassCleanerSC.jpg
    PSBrush&GlassCleanerSC.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 667
j-takeman said:
Call me frugal-cheap-tight? But the ash/water works well.

Ok, you are all of those things.

I'm mean, nasty, and I bite.

My favorite is a ash dipped damp cloth thingy (highly technical term) or such.

exoilburner said:
How much elbow grease to you need to use with these products on COLD glass that has a pretty good creosote BUILD-UP on it?

Does it wipe right off; or is there a little scrubbing; or a lot of scrubbing to do?

Wet paper towel dipped into stove ash doesn't require too much effort, and Magic Eraser works well also.

imacman said:
exoilburner said:

Wet paper towel dipped into stove ash doesn't require too much effort, and Magic Eraser works well also.

Hi Pete

Speaking of dirty windows, What is "Magic Eraser" ??

See dirty pics below: LOL

Click pic to enlarge

Attachments

• PS3PelletStoveBackPlane&Connection 290sc.jpg
    PS3PelletStoveBackPlane&Connection 290sc.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 604
  • PS3PelletStoveBackPlane&Connection 280sc.jpg
    PS3PelletStoveBackPlane&Connection 280sc.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 606
ash, paper towel, if streaked, use microfiber cloth, if baked on, use single edge razor blade very gently (as you might for getting paint of the glass after painting a window.) I have yet to scratch the glass. if you use that stove top cleaner with the razor blade, it glides easily across the glass and lifts off any junk. We do this for our white glass cookstove top with very good results. (Last white glass stove we'll ever buy :-S )

I use a paper towel and water .. works good and cheap. I dont get any creosote build up, i burn it too hot for that.. I do get a grey film on each side of the glass though ..

Well, what I use is pretty mudane compared to all the fancy squirt juice.

I just grab an SOS pad from under the sink and wet it a bit, go after the glass door and then wipe off with a wet paper towel followed by a dry one. GOOD TO GO

Now I burn the nut shells and they tend to leave a sticky yellow haze on the glass at times.

Been using SOS forever.

Snowy

Snowy Rivers said:
Well, what I use is pretty mudane compared to all the fancy squirt juice.

I just grab an SOS pad from under the sink and wet it a bit, go after the glass door and then wipe off with a wet paper towel followed by a dry one. GOOD TO GO

Now I burn the nut shells and they tend to leave a sticky yellow haze on the glass at times.

Been using SOS forever.

Snowy

Thanks for all the replies...I will try it tomorrow. I guess I'm being a bit of a Pu$$y since I'm a rookie!! Why wouldn't I just clean it like a window??? Cause the book said to go buy this crap. Next bottle I will try the stovetop cleaner!

Status
Not open for further replies.