glass seals on whitfield bay window

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jjdesch

Jul 17, 2008
Eastern Long Island, NY
I have a whitfield profile 30 FS-2 installed new this past august. It has a bay-style viewing window. I have noticed that the vertical fiberglass batting/seal between the actual glass panes is fraying/disintegrating along one corner, perhaps due to overzealous glass cleaning by the wife or kids (we only use water) or perhaps due to poor workmanship. I am not talking about the fiberglass rope door gasket, but the seals between the actual glass panes themselves. I will be calling the dealer tomorrow. However, in case I get no satisfaction from him, is there any type of hi-temp sealer I can use to lay a bead down that will withstand the temps directly inside the firebox?

thx

Status
Not open for further replies.