Glens Falls Area- Screaming CL deal on 460 - Not mine

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EatenByLimestone

Staff member
That is so tempting. Reading Smokinjay's milling report has given me the itch. That would be a nice match for the small Alaskan mill. I wonder if a divorce would ensue if I bought two pro chainsaws in one week? :roll:

Battenkiller said:
That is so tempting. Reading Smokinjay's milling report has given me the itch. That would be a nice match for the small Alaskan mill. I wonder if a divorce would ensue if I bought two pro chainsaws in one week? :roll:

I will tell you this, I held my breath for a month on the 880. 460 for 400.00 I AM ALL IN!!!!!!!!! Just have to work it out......

Damn, I was actually in Glens Falls today.....a little biz trip with some fishing on lake george.

smokinjay said:
460 for 400.00 I AM ALL IN!!!!!!!!! Just have to work it out......

I'm about 20 minutes from this saw and was going to go check it out. I actually called the guy about it (he also has a 056 for $300). However, if you're serious about owning it I'll consider bowing out. But I see you already have a 460 listed in your sig line. What're ya gonna need two for?

Battenkiller said:
smokinjay said:
460 for 400.00 I AM ALL IN!!!!!!!!! Just have to work it out......

I'm about 20 minutes from this saw and was going to go check it out. I actually called the guy about it (he also has a 056 for $300). However, if you're serious about owning it I'll consider bowing out. But I see you already have a 460 listed in your sig line. What're ya gonna need two for?

I have own about every stihl saw there is and when I add another one it will be a 460 the 361 is sold and finally paid for....The 2nd 460 would be the same as the first.....Imho the 460 is the very best stihl saw made to do almost anything you can throw at it and handles and starts like a dream....The 660 crowed will boost about cc's and more torque but for 90 percent of the wood out there the 460 is a better choice. If you need to run a 32in. bar or bigger 660 wins the fight, And no dought the 440 is just as good but that one I have never ran just a few cc' smaller....

Status
Not open for further replies.