Going to Harman for more training Aug 3 and 4th.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kinsmanstoves

Minister of Fire
I have been dealing HHT for three years now. The training I have received from HHT has sent me to Chicago my first year, Indianopolis my second, and now to Halifax (Harman factory) for training in August. Out of all the other brands I have sold HHT has done the most for training and this does not include all their online courses and webinars. I know for a fact this is great training and has really helped my sales and service.

Do not get me wrong Brunks Distribution and Breckwell put on a class once a year but have gone away from technical and more toward sales. Fahrenheit came to my store a couple times and we rebuilt one of their units. St Croix had technical training in Toledo and Total Hearth Distribution had some training in Pittsburgh but HHT really takes training to a new level.

This is looking to be a good year.

Eric

Sounds pretty dang good, Eric. Training is a good thing. Have fun, and get an "A". :lol: Rick

fossil said:
Sounds pretty dang good, Eric. Training is a good thing. Have fun, and get an "A". :lol: Rick

Thanks and Yes it is. I am taking two of my installers. Should be a good time.

Eric

whenever they refer to the "under fire" system, raise hand and ask if they mean "bottom feeder"...they love that.

kinsman stoves said:
I have been dealing HHT for three years now. The training I have received from HHT has sent me to Chicago my first year, Indianopolis my second, and now to Halifax (Harman factory) for training in August. Out of all the other brands I have sold HHT has done the most for training and this does not include all their online courses and webinars. I know for a fact this is great training and has really helped my sales and service.

Do not get me wrong Brunks Distribution and Breckwell put on a class once a year but have gone away from technical and more toward sales. Fahrenheit came to my store a couple times and we rebuilt one of their units. St Croix had technical training in Toledo and Total Hearth Distribution had some training in Pittsburgh but HHT really takes training to a new level.

This is looking to be a good year.

Eric

Couple of yrs ago when it was still Harman, I went to Vermont for 2 days of traing and that is how I got "Certified" to work on stoves. VERY good training!!. Got a chance to meet all of Harman's Tech's and had a great time. I have some training this week with Empire Distribution which will add a new service to my little bussiness. Taking my bussiness partner with me, my lovely wife. Any training is well worth it all. Also have St. Criox traing in Aug. The next time Harman does have thier training in Halifax, sometimes it is at Hershey Park, PA. I will be going. Have a good time.

When I was 15 i took drivers education, where I learned a bit about how to drive, but where I really learned how to drive was on the road after I got my license. There are courses you can take as an adult to learn how to drive better...and while I'm, not knocking training courses per se, I have to wonder how much is enough. What are you looking to get out of the training, or are you just going on a field trip? Are you bringing the new hires?

smwilliamson said:
When I was 15 i took drivers education, where I learned a bit about how to drive, but where I really learned how to drive was on the road after I got my license. There are courses you can take as an adult to learn how to drive better...and while I'm, not knocking training courses per se, I have to wonder how much is enough. What are you looking to get out of the training, or are you just going on a field trip? Are you bringing the new hires?

Yes I am taking two installers with me. They always are updating and improving so it does help to talk to the guys that are actually making the stoves and not thinking at St Croix is the same as a Breckwell. As for when is there enough training, NEVER. There is a block of Firedome Technology which I have never been into other than the units at the store and ones I sold. It also goes into the DDM computer. And touches on the newer feeder operations.

Just because you know the firing order of a Ford does not make it the same as a Chevy.

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.