Good CraigList if you're north side of Balto

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

granpajohn

Minister of Fire
Jul 13, 2007
Central Maryland
This is the type of deal I always think of for those folks who are certain their wood won't be dry enough by winter; (just posted).....Maybe it can help someone.......

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/grd/2528363304.html

VERY VERY DRY MIXED HARDWOOD FIREWOOD AVAILABLE. MAYBE 1/2 CORD OR SO. WE REMOVED OUR WOOD STOVE. YOU MUST PICK UP. MOST PIECES CUT LESS THAN 16 INCHES FOR SMALL WOODBOX. CALL 410 664 5480 OR EMAIL ME.

Thanks for posting Grandpa John,

I sent a text instead of calling since it is so late this evening. If I dont hear anything I will follow up with a call tomorrow asking if it is still available.

echos67 said:
Thanks for posting Grandpa John,

I sent a text instead of calling since it is so late this evening. If I dont hear anything I will follow up with a call tomorrow asking if it is still available.

You beat me to it. If you don't really need the seasoned wood, I will trade you an equivalent 1/2 cord of recently cut wood. I am just getting started with my wood burning furnace and am in dire need of seasoned wood for this winter. If I can return the favor in the future, in any way, I would be more than happy to do so.

Fabsroman,

I called and left a message this am, If I dont hear anything throughout the day I will try one more time.

Lets see if the wood is still available and we may be able to work something out.

echos67 said:
Fabsroman,

I called and left a message this am, If I dont hear anything throughout the day I will try one more time.

Lets see if the wood is still available and we may be able to work something out.

Thanks for the response. If I had to guess, I would guess it is already gone. Such is life. Time to find some time to cut, split, and stack some more wood.

The lady said it is still there, she said some is rotting and some is still good. She did not know what kind of wood but just hardwood. Help yourself if you want it, I will pass.

echos67 said:
The lady said it is still there, she said some is rotting and some is still good. She did not know what kind of wood but just hardwood. Help yourself if you want it, I will pass.

Doesn't sound like it makes much sense to burn the diesel to go over there and get it. If I was a little closer, I might have taken the drive over there to take a look at it. Thanks for all the replies.

Somehow the term "good dry firewood" and "some may be rotten" don't appear to be accurate is speaking about the same wood pile. I think you should verify where the wood is stacked before going out to see it. If outside on the ground, I would let it go.

Status
Not open for further replies.