Good Deal on Hickory Available

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mass. Wine Guy said:
Someone in Boxford, Mass., a town nearby to me, has what he says amounts to three cords of mostly green hickory logs. He wants $300 for it. I'd love to get it, but I don't have the equipment to move it:

http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/grd/1106476939.html

Do you have a UHAUL loction nearby? That's what I use (especially if you can pull a trailer).

I'm going to at least visit the guy and look over his wood. He told me the logs were about 8 feet or so. That's way too heavy for me to lift and haul away. But it may be worthwhile cutting them shorter and renting a truck for a day.

Hell if I were closer, I would have been there before the trees hit the ground! $100 a cord for hickory? I wouldnt have cared if it was my anniversary or my kids birthday... i would be there hauling it home.

There's no Hickory around here but for $100 I get wood delivered to me and unloaded.

I agree that I can buy cords of hardwood logs for 100 delivered. I would not go for that one. I am not sure what the firewood situation is like there in Massachusetts but we are into spring so wood will get plentiful and cheaper for a short while.

Status
Not open for further replies.