good deal?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dhungy

Feeling the Heat
Jan 7, 2010
Fingerlakes
My friend found a 2007 Harman P40 for $900 on Craigslist? any details on the stove can it be adapted to run at least corn? is $900 a good deal?

Its a 3 year old harman that goes for about $3K new. As long as it was not left in the trash can(abused I mean) I would say a deal. No on the straight corn. Best you can do is 50/50.

So far 2 harmon dealers have never heard of a p40

I too, have never heard of a model P40, there is a P38, P43,PC45,P61,P61A,P68 so maybe its not a P40, and is one of these. The Country stove CO has a model P40 and a PI40 (insert), could be one of these as well.

it is the weirdest harmon I have ever seen I will attempt to show pics

The fact that no one knows anything about this stove is scaring us off a bit.

Attachments

• harman.jpg
    harman.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 503
hmmm, could be the old pellet pro II model, or maybe an invincible (have never seen either, but know of them). Looking at the manual for the pellet pro II, I'm thinkin thats what you're lookin at.

so is it really manufactured in 2007

I'm pretty sure that if its a Pellet Pro II, its much older than 2007.

I understand... Well is it worth it?

I'm pretty sure that stove could be haggled down a bit. If its in very good shape then its still a fine machine, but its very akin to the P38 (only larger), so I personally wouldn't be paying $900. Maybe $6-700. Is the $900 just for the stove or is there pipe, hearth pad and stuff to go with? Do you know if the stove runs?

my fellow pellet stove people will get a kick out of this...in the Pellet Pro II manual it says you can use 2" schedule 40 plastic for the air intake, and under "fuel" it says: wood pellets and other similar fuels.

the schedule 40 seems OK....

Delta-T said:
hmmm, could be the old pellet pro II model, or maybe an invincible (have never seen either, but know of them). Looking at the manual for the pellet pro II, I'm thinkin thats what you're lookin at.

Invincible had bay glass. This is a P38 by the looks of it.

smwilliamson said:
Delta-T said:

Invincible had bay glass. This is a P38 by the looks of it.

The tiles at the bottom and the door latches are what point me to the Pellet Pro II, could be as old as 1907. Its a lot like the invincible (same esp probe, very strange control board), with a lil bit of "P" series on the face.

That thing is ugly. Nope not worth 900 even if it was complete with everything. If interested maybe $450.00 to $500.00 max! I would be worried that parts may be scarce for it.

Personally, I would keep looking around. There are lots of poeple that bought stoves during the rush that just were not pellet heads and went back to the old forms of heat now the prices are lower. There are deals about!

that looks like the magnum coal stoker to me it may have been called dvc 40 or a ms 40 at one point

This is the non-pellet P40.....
P40warhawk.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.