good suprise

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

guy01

Dec 16, 2007
northern PA
When I got home from work today I found a package from amazon on the porch.The Fiskars X27 works as good as I had hoped(I love my daughter).
Actually I was suprised it works even better than I tthought it would

5707419005_e8a3132baf.jpg

Wow, your wood grows with arrows for optimal splitting direction. Very cool!

Glad to hear another X27 review, too.

TreePointer said:
Wow, your wood grows with arrows for optimal splitting direction. Very cool!

Glad to hear another X27 review, too.
lol. I don't think I would have noticed that if you hadn't pointed it out!

What do you mean? Looks like your daughter split that with the new tool, then used a "magic marker" to show the ol' man how to split it! (treepointer- good eye) Hope she lives close by, 'ya know- 'case you forget how it works, or something. :lol:

I am a fantastic daughter, it's about time you recognised it Pa.

Actually I am about 6 hours away :-/ I don't get home to split with dad often enough. Least I can do is send him a tool to make it easier!

Sillies. That's the "This End Up" arrow. Ya posted the picture upsidedown! And if you look carefully, follow the axe handle out and down you'll see that one of your splits is protruding from the rest of the pile by an inch or so. (Not meaning to embarrass you by pointing these things out, just trying to help.)

You know you'll need to remove the cover on the head of the axe and turn the business end toward the wood in order for it to work as advertised.

That arrow is kinda useless buried inside the round. You just got lucky that you had it facing the right way for the first split.

No, you split it with the new X27. The arrow 'aint gonna split chit. Is it time to call your daughter already? ;-) JB

Status
Not open for further replies.