got burnt real good

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

steeltowninwv

Minister of Fire
Nov 16, 2010
west virginia
Bought an 025 for 100 off a Guy I work with...he told me nothing was wrong with it....picked it up..it ran alright...little hesitation..I was thinking Carb rebuild. ..I cut up 3 sycamore trees with it...my neighbor was there and suggested I needed a new sprocket..he could here metal rubbing..so it. Starting going south..starts not idiling and so on..flooding...took it to the stihl shop this morning... ..main bearings shot ...at least 150 to repair..if that's all it needs..told me not worth fixing...man this chaps my rear..I don't have much money...so this is a big hit for me...just the way my luck goes...so I'm sawless..well I got a piece of crap 30 CC polan that is very frustrating to use...

That is crap!

That would chap my ass too.

how much would the parts cost I wonder. Might be time to play mechanic.

this runs through my mind when I see ads on CL and think I should jump on it.

Wouldn't begin to know how to do this repair

mecreature said:
That would chap my ass too.

how much would the parts cost I wonder. Might be time to play mechanic.

this runs through my mind when I see ads on CL and think I should jump on it.

Bottom end is a bad game to play! 150.00 is a really good deal and knowing that would fix it. 250 total in an ms 250 is still a pretty good deal as well. STILL SUX THOUGH!

You can prob get your money back by parting it out. Otherwise post it up on AS for sale, bet someone would give you a couple bucks for the powerhead and fix it.

I'd almost go somewhere else for a second opinion. It was running ok, you cut three trees, *then* it started 'going south'? What are the chances the bearings suddenly went bad on that last tree? -pretty unlikely to me, plus, I don't see how main bearings are going to lead to flooding at all. Maybe something simple like a seal or fuel hose and the dealer is just trying to take you for a ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.