got free wood?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

marreque

Feb 22, 2010
Fall River, Massachusetts
here is a pic of a friend who scrounged 2 full truck loads of maple for me. he delivered it too!!

Attachments

• WD3.jpg
    WD3.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 504
look how much weight is in his f-250, and we have put an extra leaf spring in a couple years ago.

marreque said:
here is a pic of a friend who scrounged 2 full truck loads of maple for me. he delivered it too!!
What, & didn't split it? lol. We have a lot of free maple around here too because of carpenter ants, Randy

marreque said:
I would imagine that the preferred splitting methodology in Fall River is using an axe!

singed u spoke to soon!
thats one thing i can say bout him, he always helps me split

Good deal, better friend.

zap

gzecc said:
marreque said:
I would imagine that the preferred splitting methodology in Fall River is using an axe!
I feel special, no one made the Lizzy Borden connection! Was it just a bad reference?

Got free wood? Yes.

Been hauling home as much as I can cut during lunch. It all red oak so it'll be a year or two before its ready, but I'm hoping to finally get a year or more ahead of the game.

Attachments

• wood.jpg
    wood.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 325
  • wood2.jpg
    wood2.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 337
  • wood1.jpg
    wood1.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 317
gzecc said:
I feel special, no one made the Lizzy Borden connection! Was it just a bad reference?
gzecc, take it from me, the Psychologist....you ARE special. I didn't get the connection, thanks for spelling it out for us slow people (although, didn't she use a hatchet?)

Those are some good type of friends to have!

it may have been a hatchet but the rhyme goes like this.
Lizzy Borden took an axe
Gave her father 40 whacks
When she saw what she had done
She gave her mother 41

as far as i can remember

Status
Not open for further replies.