Got house too hot, did a friend a favor.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bfunk13

Minister of Fire
Sep 11, 2008
Wyoming
A good friend of mine has been trying to talk his wife into a wood stove for years.
He tells me all the time how envious he is about my stove and warm house.
Last night we had them over for dinner. He said to get the house nice and toasty as it
was about -20 with the wind chill last night. Well i kindof over did it. My friends showed up
and had a few adult beverages, and by dinner time the house was 83 degrees. And i was opening the front
door to cool off the place a bit. My friends wife even mentioned "wow its really hot in here". I told her that can be controlled,
and was really trying to talk her into the idea of heating with wood. Well i talked to him today and said their house was 60 when they got
home last night, and she was asking more and more about the wood stoves. Needless to say, we may soon have another member here.
1948_beer_mug_cheers.gif

Brad

There is just no substitute for wood heat, is there? We're dipping down to about 8 degrees tonight, the lowest of the season for us here in Middle TN. The Endeavor will really get a workout tonight. Just came in from the wood shed, and it's so nice in here compared to the clear, cold skies and whipping winds out there. The cat is curled up in the next room, and the miniature Dachshund is on the couch in the stove room. Wife is toasty upstairs, and I'm about to open a beer and peruse the forums. Clearly, on a night like this, I have zero legitimate complaints.

we are cruising at 88 degrees right now i have my windows open ...keep in mind theres a winter advisory, wind chill is in negatives and outside temperature is only 3degrees with blowing snow ,to do this same heat my old oil forced air furnace (I highly doubt it even could ) would be drinking through fuel like a garden hose if i still used it anymore .there is simply no heat like wood heat

We both work out in a gas field, 10-12 hrs out in the cold and wind.
There is nothing like wood heat to "soak into ya". Furnace heat takes forever to warm me up.
Lovin' it!

Brad

I love my wood heat. The hotter I get the house, the less my wife wears.

Tonight it's 9 out side and my wife is in shorts & a tank top. :cheese:

bfunk13 said:
We both work out in a gas field, 10-12 hrs out in the cold and wind.
There is nothing like wood heat to "soak into ya". Furnace heat takes forever to warm me up.
Lovin' it!

Brad

Brad, I couldn't agree with you more. You can get warm by the wood stove or just gradually thaw out using the furnace.

Dave, we certainly are in agreement except it sounds as if you need to put more wood in that stove!

Status
Not open for further replies.