Got my Greene Team pellets today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

geek

Minister of Fire
Feb 28, 2008
Central CT
3 tons delivered in my garage, will start hauling into basement in a couple days....

Did you get a good deal? What was the cost per ton? I love those pellets.

Got mine last Thur. from Lowe's. Tip if you go on the Lowe's web site and fill out form for a 10% off moving coupon http://www.lowesmoving.com/register/step1.asp you can use this coupon on wood pellets. Paid around $260.00 per ton with the 10% off and they charged $65.00 delivery for 4 tons. Driver was nice enough to drive fork lift into back of house and place them right outside back door.

I burned LG Granules last year and got a 1/2 of Green Team to hold me over. Greene Team burned much hotter with the same ash. Also no limit Lowe's during the summer, once the fall comes they limit you to one ton at a time.

tomd699 said:
Got mine last Thur. from Lowe's. Tip if you go on the Lowe's web site and fill out form for a 10% off moving coupon http://www.lowesmoving.com/register/step1.asp you can use this coupon on wood pellets. Paid around $260.00 per ton with the 10% off and they charged $65.00 delivery for 4 tons. Driver was nice enough to drive fork lift into back of house and place them right outside back door.

I burned LG Granules last year and got a 1/2 of Green Team to hold me over. Greene Team burned much hotter with the same ash. Also no limit Lowe's during the summer, once the fall comes they limit you to one ton at a time.
How did you find pellets at Lowes? Did your local store actually have some in stock in the store?

I paid $275/ton plus $50 delivery charge.

Lowe's in RI told me they will be stocking pellets all year long. Call store first to find out which brand they have. I ordered Greene Team at the store and they sent Greenway ( I had no info or burn history on this brand), refused the order and the next day Greene Team showed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.