got my wood stack started

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

walkerdogman85

Feb 21, 2012
ohio
I got my boil
er in the middle of march and started to cut some wood for winter I decided to stack instead if pile
2012-04-22_13-00-05_51.jpg

Looks good. We have a neighbor who has an OWB and he put up one of the carports. Part of the boiler is under the roof and then, of course, his wood is also under the roof. I don't remember the size except that he had it quite tall so he could get the tractor with FEL under the roof. That worked out great for him.

Nice. Looks like that takes some long pieces of wood huh? Looking at your setup I had to think that your wood is as close to your house as its gonna get. Only one more move right into the firebox.

I like the stack up hill from the boiler ;) Easy to move the big stuff down hill.

Nice looking unit & nice stacks.

Thanks it will take a 30 inch piece I believe. I live on a hill and considered just piling my wood cause every time I tried to stack it it would just end up rolling down the hill so I set some posts and screwed some two be sixes to it and put some skids down I want to have dry wood even though they say you can burn green wet wood

Nice set up. My good friend has that same stove I believe and yes they say you can burn green wet wood but you use have the load up drying out the water. Dennis said it best water does not burn.

Status
Not open for further replies.