Got some Ash off my job site

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

infinitymike

Minister of Fire
Aug 23, 2011
Long Island, NY
Started a new framing job today and the tree guys were there taking down 3 ash and an oak.

Ran home and got the trailer and loaded it with my Lull. Off course we had a torrential down pour and turned the place into a mud pit.

img0305tr.jpg

But the sun came out and down went the oak.
img0310ff.jpg

Wow....looks like a full cord (or more) on the lull. Great score !

Cant beat that good score Mike, did ya get it all ?

I did but I didn't. I could have gotten more of the small limbs like 6" stuff but those guys were just tossing it in the chipper. In fact if I didn't ask for it they would have chipped the whole tree:eek:

Reactions: etiger2007
Great looking score.

Great looking score.

Thanks and I also score another tree service guy who is more than happy to supply and he's local!

A Yucky, Muddy, but Great score.
Might need to hose it off before bucking it.
Nice pics :)

Nice score, is it cut and split yet? :)

That mud always make me squirm a bit. One hopes it didn't get into the logs. Imagine the old skidding ways and skidding logs through that crap.

A Yucky, Muddy, but Great score.
Might need to hose it off before bucking it.
Nice pics :)
I was able to keep it out of the mud. But it's doesn't take much to dull a chain fast.
What's worst is I'll be framing that house for about 2 1/2 months and thats what happens every time it rains.
And that's actually good compared to it before. The excavator mixed a lot of the good sand with all the clay when he was digging the foundation and the drainage rings.

Status
Not open for further replies.