Got some help this time...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SWNH

Feeling the Heat
Dec 23, 2008
New Hampshire, USA
The wife and did some firewood collecting on our property this past weekend. Had to use the trailer because she rode in the back of the Polaris. The trail is almost too rough (and muddy) for the trailer...it wants to tip over all the time. But the Polaris pulls it like it's not even there. The last pic is of the wood I've pulled out of the woods so far this year (pine, maple, birch, oak).

Attachments

• logs_1.jpg
    logs_1.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 381
  • logs_2.jpg
    logs_2.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 386
  • logs_3.jpg
    logs_3.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 407
Nice job! Looks like you've been busy. The wife's not taking up THAT much room back there. You could have just piled rounds next to her. :lol:
I didn't get pics, but was in the woods cleaning up what was left from a Maple I took down last fall. Filled my 17 cu. ft. trailer.

Very nice! The mud puddle adds to the fun. Our ground is all sand and we never get any mud that I can ride through while cutting wood.

Nice work! Amazing how wet it is. We'll be up in SoVT again...I'm sure it's soggier than it was last weekend.

This is a good time of the year to be in the woods!

quads, we too are on sand but we do still have a few places where it gets muddy. But now I'm splitting so am not hauling loads out. Yesterday was just such a fantastic day to be out there splitting. Today looks to be a repeat, then colder again.

Cool Peter

Looks like a lot of fun. You're lucky to have a wife that will help out in the woods. I can't wait until my nephew gets older and start going out to the woods with me.

Billy

Cowboy Billy said:
Cool Peter

Looks like a lot of fun. You're lucky to have a wife that will help out in the woods.

Yes on both accounts. She has her own little 150cc 2x4 ATV, but it can't handle the terrain. Well, I should say SHE can't handle the terrain with her quad yet (she's got about 30 minutes riding experience so far).

Attachments

• kymco.jpg
    kymco.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 288
Status
Not open for further replies.