Got some more stacking done today.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ohlongarm

Minister of Fire
Mar 18, 2011
Northeastern Ohio
Got this rack stacked today ALL osage orange,shown with the other stacks now this row is 100 feet long.I will be building another rack tomorrow to stack this pile of larch.

Attachments

• January 29 2012 004-1.jpg
    January 29 2012 004-1.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 456
  • January 29 2012 005-1.jpg
    January 29 2012 005-1.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 440
  • January 29 2012 006-1.jpg
    January 29 2012 006-1.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 434
  • January 29 2012 007-1.jpg
    January 29 2012 007-1.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 439
Looks good there Longarm. I was going to comment about the snow and tell you to send some my way. Been sitting here reading posts for about 45 minutes just looked out the window and the ground is covered.

I just finished stacking and it started snowing a total whiteout had about 2 inches in a half hour then it stopped and the sun came out.

What is keeping the end beams in place? Don't see any braces.

On that particular stack I've use E-Z Stackers found them online only takes 5 minutes to put them together made of plastic. On the other stacks I've used what's called Stack it Brackets made of metal but it takes alot of monkeying around to put them together. First time using E-Z stackers we'll see how they do.You're not supposed to stack over 4 feet high or have the stack longer than 8 feet I've way exceeded that,we'll see.Baileys E-Z Stackers.

Good going there and great airflow with how high off the ground it is. Now that the stacking is done, there's no need to mess with it for a year or three. Osage orange... Wowsa!

Perfect timing,
By the white stuff on the top, you finished up in a snow storm.
Great pics & stacks.

That osage orange is 2 years old,BUT was laying submerged in water for most of it's life,it's going to take awhile to dry it was ungodly heavy.

Nice rows of wood. Gotta love that Hedge, some great BTU's. Nice, snow also.

wow - lotsa BTU's there...you can do a lot of stuff with that yellow wood!

Nice stacks.

Great work.

ohlongarm said:
Got this rack stacked today ALL osage orange,shown with the other stacks now this row is 100 feet long.I will be building another rack tomorrow to stack this pile of larch.

Looks good ohlongarm, I hear that osage orange makes for some nice btu's.

zap

ohlongarm said:
That osage orange is 2 years old,BUT was laying submerged in water for most of it's life,it's going to take awhile to dry it was ungodly heavy.

OMG! Made my back hurt just thinking about the weight. But you'll enjoy that wood when it dries.

Status
Not open for further replies.