Got the last of our 4 tons today **Added Pics

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

briggsy13

Sep 19, 2011
Maryland
Hubby is so excited. He re-stacked the whole 2 tons with only a little help from the 5 year old and while keeping the 3 year old under control. He can't wait to burn some. These last 2 are the Hamers. He's gonna read this later I'm sure since he reads but doesn't post. So.... Thank you honey for stacking all those pellets to keep us warm this winter ;)

That's gotta be one strong 5 year old.

Very nice of you to thank the hubby, I am sure he'll have a smile once he reads it!

Let us know how you like the Hamers and what plant they are from. Pictures are a plus. ;-)

76brian said:
That's gotta be one strong 5 year old.

He is strong and very determined!!!!! Last time he helped us we loaded the bag on his John Deere wheel barrow and he pushed it into the garage to the stack. He is going to be one amazing helper as he gets older!!! He already is good just limited by his age/size.

Here you go! You can only see about 3 tons in this picture. The 4th is behind the Old Dominions.

pellets.jpg

PELLETS2.jpg

what exactly is pellet chow out there on the east coast?
our box stores here sell good fuel most years

DirtyDave said:
what exactly is pellet chow out there on the east coast?
our box stores here sell good fuel most years

I'm not sure I understand your question? If its pertaining to the supply that the stores carry, we have found (first year burning) that the stores get a different pellet each time they get a delivery. One week its one thing the next another. Makes it difficult to just go and buy pellets. We have heard nothing but good about the Hamers and since we found a local store (small family store) getting them in we jumped on them The others we got from big box stores. The stove chow has been burning great for us. The Old Dominion doesn't seem to burn as hot. Haven't burned the Hamers yet. We are just hoping that the 4 tons are plenty to last us through the season.

Oh and from what we've heard the stores tend to sell out near the end of the season and they can't be found.

Thanks for the tip on Elliotts for the Hamers. They got 23 ton in on Wed, 10 spoken for and 5 picked up when I picked my ton up, probably gone today. My Enviro Mini loves Hamers, low ash, good feed, great heat. On other brands the lowest setting I can run on is 3 and with the Hamers after the room gets to a good temp the stove just purs away on the lowest setting.

Also as others are using picked up the lint eater. Made a rig to hook up the shop vac to my inside T and ran the eater from the outside in through my 5 feet of horizontal pipe around the 90 then down the 2 feet of vert pipe, cleanest its been in 5 years. I used to strugle shoving a brush up and through the 90, glued a ping pong ball on the end of the nylon rod, and one pull through each time, worked OK, but Lint Eater is so much better.

Easternshore Bob said:
Thanks for the tip on Elliotts for the Hamers. They got 23 ton in on Wed, 10 spoken for and 5 picked up when I picked my ton up, probably gone today. My Enviro Mini loves Hamers, low ash, good feed, great heat. On other brands the lowest setting I can run on is 3 and with the Hamers after the room gets to a good temp the stove just purs away on the lowest setting.

Also as others are using picked up the lint eater. Made a rig to hook up the shop vac to my inside T and ran the eater from the outside in through my 5 feet of horizontal pipe around the 90 then down the 2 feet of vert pipe, cleanest its been in 5 years. I used to strugle shoving a brush up and through the 90, glued a ping pong ball on the end of the nylon rod, and one pull through each time, worked OK, but Lint Eater is so much better.

My lint eater came with a shop vac adapter that works while you are using the brush. Works pretty slick!

mepellet said:
Easternshore Bob said:

My lint eater came with a shop vac adapter that works while you are using the brush. Works pretty slick!

Mine too, haven't tried it out yet but will in next week or so.

briggsy13 said:
Here you go! You can only see about 3 tons in this picture. The 4th is behind the Old Dominions.

pellets.jpg

PELLETS2.jpg

Looking at all those Hamer's, is making me jealous.

Easternshore Bob said:
Was able to use the adapter the lint eater came with but had to choke it down to inch and a half to fit my little shop vac, duct taped to the T worked great.

Yea same thing here. I got one of those rubber plumbing fittings with pipe clamps to reduce down to my 1-3/4" RIGID shop vac hose.

Status
Not open for further replies.