Got the Oak and Maple c/s/s

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PapaDave

Minister of Fire
Feb 23, 2008
Northern MI - in the mitten
So, I've been working on this for a few days and finally got it all done.
Oak is on the left...5'x16'x16", and that would mean the r/h stack is the Maple. Maple stack is going to need another small tree added to get it to 5'.
Prime candidate is waiting in the woods.;)
I'd like to do one more stack like these before the cold hits.
1022121754.jpg
1022121754a.jpg
That would get me through winter of '14-15.1022121753.jpg

Nice work there. Still have 5 cords split and needing stacking here. Not in that much of a hurry, though.

Nice work PapaDave, never enough wood in the inventory.

zap

Reactions: ScotO
Future BTU's sure make me :), Your labor rewards show in your pics ! Looks great.

Great looking wall of wood you have there. Good timing, cause it looks like you may have some snow by the weekend too.

2 of my favorite woods , great job

Great looking stacks!

Nice work.

Great looking wall of wood you have there. Good timing, cause it looks like you may have some snow by the weekend too.

Looks great - and send us some arctic air if ya can. Gonna be insanely warm (for October) here all week.

You still have the gold standard for seasoning wood stacks.
I tried to copy your idea, but mine's 2 rows on pallets with space between & only birch.
I have "wood envy" when I look at your perfect single long stacks :)

Feels good to be ahead don't it.
Can you remember when you weren't ? ;)

Good job Dave!

if you get too far ahead your going to need to come here and work for a while lol

Very nice PapaDave. Thanks for the pics. Every time I see a pic of rows of wood it will push me a little more to get the rest of mine under the porch> that I can fit under there. And then get started on the supply for next year. Time for me to get to work on it again. Good work man.

Can you remember when you weren't ?
2007. I remember quite well.
That's when I started getting the first log load processed and put where these stacks are.
The problem was, that wood had to be used that very winter.:mad:
Every year after that got a little better.
The summer of '08, we had our grandson up for about a week, and we came up with the idea of putting the wood back there in long rows E/W.
It's REALLY helped recently, to have the saw functioning well.:cool:

if you get too far ahead your going to need to come here and work for a while lol

If he get much farther ahead, he'll e crossing state lines with the long rows of wood . LOL :)
Like the Great Wall of China, they can be seen from space ;)

Way to go Dave and thanks for putting those pics up. Nice looking wood stockpiles there. Like someone else said, seeing others' pics gets the juices flowing and makes me want to get some work done!

2007. I remember quite well.
That's when I started getting the first log load processed and put where these stacks are.
The problem was, that wood had to be used that very winter.:mad:
Every year after that got a little better.
The summer of '08, we had our grandson up for about a week, and we came up with the idea of putting the wood back there in long rows E/W.
It's REALLY helped recently, to have the saw functioning well.:cool:

I remember it very well Dave. You have came a long ways my friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.