Got Wood!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Redburn

Mar 2, 2009
Southern Ct
I'm working on a new construction home and inquired about this pile of log length wood that's been sitting off to the side of the property . He said "all yours it's yours take it" the excavator took 20 loads off the property and left this pile that was a yr ago. It's mostly red and white oak and some maple and black birch 2 of the biggest logs are oak and look like they were dead standing for a couple yrs all the bark is gone on them... I'm going to share with 2 of my friends who always share with me.

Attachments

• IMG00053-20100812-1012(2).jpg
    IMG00053-20100812-1012(2).jpg
    15 KB · Views: 465
I burned some to last winter that was in the same shape as this oak. I split it and it was dry and tried burning it . It burnt great I was kinda surprised.

Probably more of the dead oak from the gypsy moths I have been talking about. It started in New England over 20 years ago so that Oak was probably dead for a long time.

Looks like some good stuff there Redburn.

Thx Savage I lucked out last yr a friend of mine gave me a cord of ash and cord and a half of silver,yellow birch and maple mixand this past yr I told my buddy about this wood I want to return the favor. There is also some beech and yellow Birch down on the the back of the property the size of 5gal pails the big pile there the size of garbage cans.

That is really great that you have a friend and you guys share in this stuff. Sort of like hunting buddies.

Status
Not open for further replies.