Gotta Love the Rake!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

velvetfoot

Minister of Fire
Dec 5, 2005
Sand Lake, NY
Reactions: Carbon_Liberator
Thats the exact same one I got, I agree, dont know how I got by without it.

Yeah, long handle is good. I made my rake out of an old stove shovel, the rake part works good, but the handle is too short, when the stove is really hot, then I "Hate the (D)Rake!" ;)

I use a childs garden hoe. 30" handle and the hoe head is exact same width as one firebrick. Works perfect to pull ashes and coals from the back of a 30" deep firebox.

I have the same rake...it really comes in handy because the 30 firebox is very deep...it amazes me how deep it is compared to the 13.

Built a rake for mine several years ago and can't believe I lived so long without one.

Going to let this post display here and in the gear room for a while.

pen

Bought my hoe (very similar) last year and it is the tool I use most - I do you a poker to move splits here and there, but the hoe does almost all of the work in the stove. Cheers!

That tool looks like it's made for cleaning out around the oven of a cookstove.

I made my own combination ash hoe and coal rake. It is my #1 goto tool and gets a lot of use.

Just made one and I have a fire going for the first time in a few weeks so I will get to test drive it a bit in the old stove tomorrow morning when I dig the coals forward and get a quick fire going to take the chill off. What is the price of that one you bought? I cannot get the link to work on their web page?

The shipping was almost as much as the tool:

INVOICE DETAILS:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QTY. ITEM NO. PRODUCT SHIP WT.(lbs) PRICE EXT. $
1 SR-30 Stove Ash Rake, Natural Iron | 24 inches - Each 2.00 $14.99 $14.99

Subtotal: $14.99
Discounts: $0.00
Handling & Insurance: $0.00
Sales Tax: $0.00
Shipping: $12.13
TOTAL: $27.12

Status
Not open for further replies.