Gotta love the Woodstove!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"It's two different worlds. For most families this is still going to be an affordable year, except for those who use oil heat," said Mark Wolfe, executive director of the National Energy Assistance Director's Association. "For them, it's going to be very difficult."

Article goes on to state 6% of American homes are using oil.... That seems absurdly low, maybe 'cause I'm in the Northeast?

Edit: The Census Disagrees (12%): https://www.census.gov/apsd/cqc/cqc27.pdf

"With winter coming on and temperatures dropping, U.S. homeowners will see their heating bills rise in the coming months."
Uh, Really? This is your lead? Really?
Somebody just shoot me.
Anybody remember the "Hippie Dippy Weatherman"?

Reactions: Seasoned Oak
I'll tell you what, when the wife and I ride snowmobiles all day and come home and warm ourselves in front of the fire, have a few adult beverages and well you can guess the rest.......I don't need a calculator to say what that's worth!

Reactions: smoke show
"With winter coming on and temperatures dropping, U.S. homeowners will see their heating bills rise in the coming months."

This study was probably financed by some government grant too.

In other news, with fall upon us, many trees have begun changing color and loosing their leaves.

This study was probably financed by some government grant too.

In other news, with fall upon us, many trees have begun changing color and loosing their leaves.

And as the Saginaw News once reported, the trees are approaching their peak colors with maples and pines at peak color now.

Somebody just shoot me.

And, of course, next May they can report that temperatures will be climbing in the next couple of months....

Just heard on the news this morning that Nat gas prices are expected to rise 20% in the very near future........conveniently right in time for winter........

Just heard on the news this morning that Nat gas prices are expected to rise 20% in the very near future........conveniently right in time for winter........
Around here the NG prices are holding steady or dropping slightly.

Somebody just shoot me.
Heres the weather
Tonight it will be getting dark ,continued dark and getting lighter in the morning.
Its 50 Deg at the airport but who the hell lives at the airport.

My wood prices may DOUBLE this year. I pay ZERO now so what would that be DOUBLE ZERO?

I predict that heating cost will go down this summer.

I predict my oil tank will remain empty.

Reactions: Seasoned Oak
Just paid $2.33 gal for propane in WV for 300 gal.

Wowser! We are well over 4 times that price.

IMAG0566-1.jpg
Well, I guess it was 2 months ago.

My last delivery was $3.80/gallon. They have offered a 5% discount though.

My last delivery was $3.80/gallon. They have offered a 5% discount though.

Funny thing about the propane company we use...No matter when you call and ewhoever you talk to, they give a different price/discount/special every time! Never less than three times what Smoke pays though!

Status
Not open for further replies.