Grandkids and the Wood Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tfdchief

Minister of Fire
Nov 24, 2009
Tuscola, IL
myplace.frontier.com
I posted this on another thread of my new stove review, but thought it appropriate here......The Perfect Picture. I am prejudice of course, but my grandkids make me happy. Here are 2 of them first thing in the morning after staying all night with Mimi and Papa. The caption reads "Papa, get the stove going, we are cold."

Attachments

• Trent_Brody_by the Hampton 2012 edit.jpg
    Trent_Brody_by the Hampton 2012 edit.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 861
Sure is precious.

And MiMi - what's for breakfast?

cool pic - i thnk that is the best part about the wood stove - everyone joins around it to get warm...

Eatonpcat said:
Very cute...Might be time to get them a wider stool!!LOL
Eatonpcat, Yeah, That stool is for Papa when he is tending the stove. I had to take a picture when I looked over there and they were both huddled up in front of the stove, both on that one little stool. :)

great picture

Steve, you love those grandkids and I'll be they return it too. Enjoy watching their growth and teaching them.

Backwoods Savage said:
Steve, you love those grandkids and I'll be they return it too. Enjoy watching their growth and teaching them.
Yes Dennis, I love them more than I can describe. And they return it more than I deserve. Today was a great day with my grandson Trent. I traded my 4 wheeler, the beast that almost killed me, for a Polaris Rzr, much safer, with role cage, seat, seat belt and steering wheel. It is like driving a jeep. My son and I went 4 weeling in it and his Rzr, for the first time today.......what a great day. I feel like ME again. Trent road with me part of the time and was more excited to have his Papa back than I was to be there! Can't tell you how good it felt :) I will get some more pictures later.

Attachments

• Doug and me Rzr 1-29-12 edit.jpg
    Doug and me Rzr 1-29-12 edit.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 328
Good to hear you're back in the saddle again chief. That has to be a great feeling for your son too.

Very happy to hear things are returning more or less to normal Steve. . . .

Thanks everyone. I feel better everyday and yesterday was a really good day! Here is a couple more pics, one before I got it dirty and the other with my grandson riding with me.

Attachments

• Rzr 1st day 1-29-12 edit.jpg
    Rzr 1st day 1-29-12 edit.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 228
  • Rzr 1st day-2  1-29-12 edit.jpg
    Rzr 1st day-2 1-29-12 edit.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 267
my niece loves to put wood in thestove in a cabin we stay at sometimes, its a real rustic log cabin with a dirt floor and a barrel stove. half fallen down even, no class a chimney, just black pipe of some short all the way out.

fun place to warm up anyhow.

Status
Not open for further replies.