Grapple loads central MA

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tansao

Dec 30, 2010
Worcester, MA
Hi folks!

My first year scrounging is going very tough. So far I have maybe a cord, but if you saw what I had to do to get it, you'd think I was nuts. Hauling 100+ lb pieces of green wood up from a 80' deep 45+ degree sloped ravine is a hella work out. But, I just can't leave it down there! Especially since much of it is red oak that has been down for years and off the ground. It's a little punky but mostly solid but ready to burn. Two other leaning trees I took down were from the ice storm a few years back. Probably close to 2 cords all told.

Anyway, once this is done, I am still looking for a cheaper source of wood while willing to do most of the work. I have only found one guy around me that sells grapple loads. Anyone in the central MA area know of any others selling grapple loads?

Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.