Great American Pellet?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

valentine92

Mar 31, 2008
Lehigh Valley, PA
Any opinions on this pellet? I could get it for 200 a ton, I have a Harman Accentra. Other options are hammer hot ones or turman for 240 a ton? Which should I get? We usually use New England Wood Pellets and were always happy with them but I cant seem to find them so far.

Buy them! I've been on the band wagon for a while now. They are a local pellet produced in Palmerton PA. There are old threads here about GAP ( Great Americans) I also have the same stove. I burned 15 bags last season no issues very happy with the heat out put and the price is right. I also have Hammer's and Turman's in my stash both high quality pellets, you won't be disappointed with any of these. Are you getting them from the Cozy Barn in Wind Gap?

Yes I always buy my pellets from Cozy Barn. Im glad to hear that you like them, will be placing an order as soon as I can clean out the garage.

If Cozy Barn will allow you to "buy" a ton now and store them for you until heating season starts, maybe get 2-3 loose bags now to test when the weather gets colder.....that way you could swap pellets before taking delivery of the full ton if you didn't like them.

imacman said:
If Cozy Barn will allow you to "buy" a ton now and store them for you until heating season starts, maybe get 2-3 loose bags now to test when the weather gets colder.....that way you could swap pellets before taking delivery of the full ton if you didn't like them.
I can't speak for the OP ,but when he was" placing an order" it may be for delivery the Cozy Barn sells single bags for the same price as ton no difference unless they changed policy the OP prices were the same I was paying in Feb./ Mar. which was great to hear. I pick mine up on the way home from work . imacman I'm jealous I don't have the room for a 5.5 ton stash I'm a wanna be pig.

Status
Not open for further replies.