Great Day

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

loon

Minister of Fire
Apr 9, 2010
ont canada
not sure where to put this? but here it is..

planned on spending the day on the farm cutting wood,but that didnt happen %-P

got up this morning and went out to the garage to get the bike and trailer,well the bike didnt want to go into gear? all i heard was grinding :shut: bought in the summer so its going back to the dealer this week..

DSC08947-1.jpg

so after friggen around with that for awhile, jumped in the truck but not before my wife says we need milk, so off i go into the village for it.. well i get out to the highway and get up to speed and the front end starts shaking??? man o man what going on?

will deal with that monday morning at work :-/ here's the truck last year..

DSC05345-1.jpg

figured it was fine doing 5 mile an hour so off i go to try and cut some wood.. got into it for about 20 min and the saw started sounding really really bad?? come to find out the plastic crap they got going on in the pull cord let fly %-P

this happend around 1 and the stihl guy closed at noon..

DSC09043.jpg

once i found out this wasnt gonna be fixed today went to go get my farmer buddys saw.. well that couldnt be found till i made a couple calls and ended up his son had them but loaned them out a couple weeks ago and this is what i got..
pretty sure they were cutting rocks with them :shut:

DSC09045.jpg

after cleaning/sharpening i gave up and here i am grumping on the net ;-P :cheese:

and i am also having a beer!!! :)

loon

[quote author="loon" date="1292730362"]not sure where to put this? but here it is..

That kills the day for sure, kick back and have a few.

zap

YIKES! Yup, days like that I go back in the house and take a nap....

Hope today goes better for you!

Nasty, but most of us have experienced those same type of days. Hope this all gets better fast.

Ouch! I'd be having a beer or five after that day. As my BILs dad famously (and hilariously) says whenever something breaks: "Nothing's any GD good anymore! Everything's a piece of Crap!!"

ya it wasnt fun at all %-P so get up this morning with plan B..having a coffee and all of a sudden the hydro go's out :shut:

man another great day coming up!!

but gotta love the woodstove :) anyways its only down for about half hour but when it came back up took out the internet :bug: ;-P

which turned out to be a good thing as i got a whack of wood done today with NO other problems :cheese:

this was around noon and kept going till pretty much dark...

DSC09052.jpg

back online about an hour ago...

loon

So I guess I'm confused. I'm trying to figure out how these things are abnormal? You are talkin like it is unusual to have things breaking down and getting nothing done! Seems to be the story of my life! Not always but it seems that way...

what's this "bike" business all about? you know, Bike, short fort Bicycle. ya know, the two wheeled vehicle. Did I miss something here?

Danno77 said:
what's this "bike" business all about? you know, Bike, short fort Bicycle. ya know, the two wheeled vehicle. Did I miss something here?

i guess just this picture of my 'all-terrain-vehicle' Danno? sorry wont happen again!!

DSC08947-1.jpg

loon

lol, Loon. I was just messing with you. I knew exactly what you were talking about...

[quote author="loon" date="1292816800"]ya it wasnt fun at all %-P so get up this morning with plan B..having a coffee and all of a sudden the hydro go's out :shut:

Loon looks like you had a good day, how much wood do you burn in a normal heating season.

zap

probably cut/split around 15 cords zap..
10 for the the farmer couple across the road and 5 for us...

mind you they are 80 and like the house extremely hot :cheese:

Status
Not open for further replies.