Great sawbuck

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveT

Feeling the Heat
May 21, 2008
West of Boston
It is an interesting design and if your bucking style matches that of what is depicted in the video, it would work very well for you. It doesn't match with my style of bucking though. When I start my saw, I like to buck at least a dozen logs non-stop. Also, I'm very anal about my bucked length and use the leg spacing on my sawbuck to guide me.

I like it. Thanks for the link.
I made a nice 6 leg sawbuck that's set for my lengths but I think I'll get one of those to try too.
I like the idea of having cuts out in the air and it looks like it'd be easier to deal with those pesky forks.

LLigetfa said:
When I start my saw, I like to buck at least a dozen logs non-stop. Also, I'm very anal about my bucked length and use the leg spacing on my sawbuck to guide me.

What kinda sawbuck you got that you can cut a dozen logs non-stop?

I like this gadget. Looks like it'd be great for the small stuff.

Here is another idea that costs much less:

Saw horse

One has to remember though that you can very easily touch the saw chain on that metal. That is the reason most build their saw horses out of wood.

EngineRep said:
Got this as a birthday gift last week and highly recommend it to anyone looking for a sawbuck. Scroll down to the video to see how it works.......

http://www.baileysonline.com/itemdetail.asp?item=15730&catID;=
I am glad you posted about your log holder. I bought one a month ago or so and used it last week and its great. Its a good thing Baileys has them as the cost is much cheaper than other sites.

Also I figured this will last me the rest of my life, made very well and its portable. The only down fall in my opinion, is you have to keep it on somewhat level ground.

Shipper

Status
Not open for further replies.