Green Heat wood fuel bricks on sale at my Menards

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JayD

Feeling the Heat
Aug 22, 2007
35 miles north of detroit
Menards has these Green Heat bricks on sale, I will need to supplement my wood supply this year :eek: Last year in michigans winter for Hell I burned more wood then I have in years, and broke into this years stash. I still have 2 full cords of Dry seasoned ready, But I think I will need one or 2 more? - small house. I had a tri-axle delivered I got it cut and split, took me a while but it's done. But it won't be dry enough obviously and will Not try to burn it. Anyway here's a link. There the small one's http://menards.com/main/heating-cooling/fuel/wood-fuel-blocks/p-1712204-c-6855.htm I really wanted the ECO bricks, Or the big 3 pack TSC bricks but they have yet to get them in. Yet alone on sale yet. I could only find 4 reviews at http://www.ruralking.com/housewares/bathroom/accessories/wood-fuel-blocks-greenheat-20pk.html Whats your opinion? Should I wait for ECO's or the big 3 pack at TSC to go on sale or are these any good? Thanks, I'm really am having arthritis issues bad in my hips and hands Doc says It's age, and not going to get better. My stove is still to new, PE spectrum, So I'm not going pellet just yet, And really don't want pellet stove noise, I think I would go coal first. Trying to find seasoned wood around me is a joke! Been their and done that when I first started burning and have looked around. I can get some for $80 a face 15-20% on my meter, For that price,_g I will try bricks for the convenience. How about some input on these if you have burned or heard any thing on these Green Heats? I never burned bricks before now, I know it's early and there will be sale's at TSC and on the bigger ECO brick at Menards. This is a close-out sale! Their no longer going to carry Green-Heat at my Menards store. They are dry I went and looked at them, Thanks for any input, Jay

Last edited:
I tried a pack of those last year and they worked pretty well in fact when I packed my little stove full I got a 20 hour burn.

I used some of them last year. I was very impressed with them and would buy them again. 1 partial load in the Blaze King lasted for 48 hours or something crazy. They are made in Northern Indiana, might not be too far from you.

I wouldn't count on things going on sale this year. Typically Menards has at least 2 sales by now instead prices are being raised.

Tim

$4 for 20 bricks sounds like a good deal. For comparison to purchased cord wood, assuming that the stove will require 2-3 reloads a day will mean a cost of about $8-12/day or about $300/month.

$4 for 20 bricks sounds like a good deal. For comparison to purchased cord wood, assuming that the stove will require 2-3 reloads a day will mean a cost of about $8-12/day or about $300/month.
Holy cow! Around here that's 2 cords of hardwood delivered.

Holy cow! Around here that's 2 cords of hardwood delivered.

Around here that is about 1 cord and there's no need to stack, re-stack, etc.
If I could buy a cord of those at the same price as a cord of wood, I'd be buying the pressed logs...I am getting lazy now. lol

Andrew

Same price around here which is crazy. Get a bit more out into the country and the price drops to more like $200 a cord split and delivered. But you need to get ahead a year if you want to be sure to have seasoned wood.

Well OK, That sounds like a pretty good deal I never heard of this brand until now. Guess I'll give them a shot, At least I know they're dry. I can get a {full cord} 3 face about $180 picked-up, It's cheaper but it's never seasoned dry like they say! If you find dry they call that premium fire wood and you pay for it! I just fell behind the 8-Ball this year, And my body's falling apart, from all the fun abuse when I was younger. Thanks Guys!! Jay

Last edited by a moderator:
Jay: I feel ya buddy. My body is still great but my issue is time. Running a house, working 45+ hours a week, travelling extensively, etc doesn't allow for me to split wood on a regular basis. If I could find a deal like that close to here I would jump all over it. Right now I have my hardwood for this winter lined up and my hardwood for next. But I am short on softwood so I may just buy some of those logs to mix in with my hardwood.

Andrew

If I could get a consistent good deal on the things I would put the saws on craigslist. Not getting old, am already there.

Reactions: Dix
I'll bet your property taxes are way lower too.

That's my problem. Paid a mortgage and property taxes on those damned trees for thirty years. The least I can do is burn the damn things. Love it when people say the trees on their property are "free" wood. >> I paid for every one I burned in the last 30 years.

Reactions: Swedishchef and Dix
Bricks have jacked way up in price here. AND an added delivery charge. Ouch.

*Dix, who keeps cutting, splitting, & stackin' *

Menards has that 11% off everything in the store sale, and they have that sale often , so you might be able to save some money then. Even on a stove or wood splitter. Its like a rebate you send it in and get a voucher back in the mail. But I think you have to spend the voucher in the menards store. I read one guy even buys menards gift cards and gets 11% off he said. Then takes the gift cards and buys the stuff he wanted when it goes on sale for an even bigger savings.

I tried the Gren Heat blocks from Menards last year and really liked them. They were 4.99 here then. I am bummed they are being discontinued, I guess I will go see if they can order any in for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.