Green Supreme / Somerset Lowes $177.50/ton

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

flashbang

Jul 13, 2008
NY
Went to my local Lowes store to find pellets. Looking for Somerset which they had a open pallet of and about 20 tons of Green Supreme, and two other brands which I don't recall the brand but about 10 tons of each. While there I asked if I could buy the GS and they firmly told me they can not and will not mark pallets of my choice unless I was going to pick them up that day. Two service desk employees told me this and understood it was a issue with many people but that is there policy. I let the wife of the leash and stepped back into the electrical isle when she demanded the store manger and was told good luck by the service desk manager. In the end she walked the store manger to the outside with the forklift operator and a employee that tagged the four pallets of GS and place them in the staging area so there would be no mix up. The manager asked if I would be home tomorrow for a Saturday delivery. While my wife was supervising the forklift operator she noticed the somerset open pallet and asked for 25 good bags also.While we were there a couple was lurking around for somerset pellets. He told us somerset told him two trucks we delivered today.Well, just one open pallet was left. I guess you have to be there when the truck comes and have your own truck to get them or know someone inside Lowes to get the good stuff.
In the end we got the pellets we saw that was in-stock, only by being persistent. The cost was $197.00/Ton for one ton or a kizillion tons. That's $3.94/bag and with my 10% coupon it went to $3.55/bag or $177.50/ton. I used cash but using the Lowes card will fetch another 5% off

Now we will see how good these GS are. I'M told they are the same as NEWP just re badged for Lowes, but at $177.50/ton I'm happy just to have any premium pellets in the garage.

Attachments

• pelets.jpg
    pelets.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 584
I don't know if all the box stores are the same but my Lowes would not take another 5% off for opening CC. They hande me a flyer where it said 5% cannot be used with any other offer or coupon so I was turned down. I purchased 2 tons of GT's 13bags at $3.19 and 87 bags at 3.55

I made the purchase yesterday after I heard a rumor price was going up overnight. I'll be picking them up today or tomorrow and I'll see if price has infact changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.