Green Team Pellets from Lowes - Dirty????

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Glosta

Nov 1, 2009
North of Boston
Anyone else finding the Green Team pellets from Lowes this year to be a little more dirty/sooty than years past?

Seems like more ash in the stove and more dirty soot on the glass this year???

Just curious if anyone else is finding similar results.

I had the same issue last year with Green Team. There was more ash in the Ash Pan and the glass was very dirty. I had to clean the stove three times a week. This year I using Lignetics and Barefoot. So far there is much less ash and the glass is much cleaner. I should be able to go back to cleaning the stove once a week if this keeps up.

I had the same problems with them last year. When I used them in 2008 they were great, so I bought a bunch last year and was dissapointed. I found Somersets this year and they are great.

ebengel said:
I had the same problems with them last year. When I used them in 2008 they were great, so I bought a bunch last year and was dissapointed. I found Somersets this year and they are great.
same here-bought a few bags at the end of 08&loved; them.bought a ton last year and they were terrible.This year I am burning somersets and I couldn't be happier!

I agree also. I am mixing my bags of Green Team with Bags of Potomacs to help with the "slide" issue that the Potomacs have in my hopper. At least this years Green Teams are not loaded with overlength pellets like last year. At $4.38 a bag I can put up with a dirty glass. Saving my ton of Lignetics for the dead of winter.

MassPelletburner said:
I agree also. I am mixing my bags of Green Team with Bags of Potomacs to help with the "slide" issue that the Potomacs have in my hopper. At least this years Green Teams are not loaded with overlength pellets like last year. At $4.38 a bag I can put up with a dirty glass. Saving my ton of Lignetics for the dead of winter.

FYI they are now $5.97 a bag. Not worth it anymore to me....

I've been buying GreenTeams from Lowes in Sothern NH, at $4.18. Been running pretty clean in My Insert.

Bought 2 ton myself this year. Burned quite a bit so far. decent shoulder pellet

like mralias stated,@ $5.98 a bag,i dont think so.i have 2 bags in basement waiting to go in the stove and no matter how well they burn there are far better pellets available at a much better price.

corkman said:
like mralias stated,@ $5.98 a bag,i dont think so.i have 2 bags in basement waiting to go in the stove and no matter how well they burn there are far better pellets available at a much better price.

4.18 here. i am amased how different the prices are between the same stores. i wouldnt buy them for that either.

Glosta said:
Anyone else finding the Green Team pellets from Lowes this year to be a little more dirty/sooty than years past?

Seems like more ash in the stove and more dirty soot on the glass this year???

Just curious if anyone else is finding similar results.

I burned em last year and some this year, found both to be same: fairly clean, hot, low ash.
Like them alot.

Have burned the Green Team in the stove for the last three years and did not see much of a change from year to year. Soot on the glass doesn't bother me, clinkers do. I only have clinker issues when the stoves run on the low switch.
The GT's are running $4.38/$219 Ton here and are in ample supply. Had a ton left over from last year and have used half of that so far this heating season.
They are now my shoulder pellets as I have three tons of Barefoots sitting "in the on deck circle" when the big chill cometh.....

Picked up a ton of these at lowes for under 200 to try them. They are dirty as there is alot of fines and dust in the bag, and the pellets are short, and very dark and shiny. I have just burned my 4th bag and I cannot belive my glass is still clean. this has never happened with any pellet. As for the heat output, it has not been that cold yet outside so its been running about medium. I would have to say my xxv loves these pellets. great pellet for the money.

I love when I see someone post that you have to try pellets yourself. with your stove, surrounding, and settings it is all different. what works for others I have found to be different for me. For instance, everyone raves about okies, but to me they are the dustiest pellet I have ever used, and even if they crank out the heat, my stove burns through them much to fast. I dont think I get much bang for my buck, and around here they are the most expesive. I wouldnt recommed them to anyone unless they have money to burn.

Status
Not open for further replies.