Green Team

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mhagerty

Jan 10, 2011
Southern NH
I picked up 12 bags of Green Team at my local lowes in Epping NH, they also had Maine's Choice but I went with the Green Team. They were $4.29 a bag. I'll report back on how they were after I send a few bags through the stove.

mhagerty said:
I picked up 12 bags of Green Team at my local lowes in Epping NH, they also had Maine's Choice but I went with the Green Team. They were $4.29 a bag. I'll report back on how they were after I send a few bags through the stove.

I grabbed a bag of each to try out yesterday (at the same store :) ).

The walmart next door had Natural Heat, but I think they were over/around $5/bag. Should have bought a bag to try, but for some reason decided not to. Anyone got experience with these?

They have been at around 3.74 a bag. I guess they raised their prices.

The Nature's Heat by Penningtons are a terribble pellet IMHO. Lots of ash, clinkers. I bought 4 bags 2 from Home Depot and 2 from Wal-Mart. 2 totally different colors and lengths. Bags from HD had the PFI logo on them. Wal-Mart did not. Both were not good. Everyone has a different set-up and tastes. Don't remeber the Thread I posted them on, but I posted pics of both bags. Not Good. Again, this is my opinion. Results may vary. Don't know how to post a link to another thread, but its on page 3 of this Forum now. Can change in a minute. Its "Fireside Ultrs's come in light or Dark color" I posted pics of the difference in bags of Nature's Heat (Penningtons)

I've checked Lowes here over and over and all they ever have are Potomacs at $5.97/bag...I'll pass!
HD is OUT of pellets...said they expect another load in Tuesday. I asked what kind and she said Stove Chow. We chatted and she did say they had had some complaints on the Penningtons so are getting just the Stove Chow now.

I am on my second ton on green team this year. For the price this pellet cannot be beat. Great heat low ash. The glass doesnt get bad till after the first week and hardly any dust in the bag too. I paid 168 a ton (lowes with vetrans discount). I wish I had room I would buy next years stash. Negative 8 out there this morning, nice at 70 in here. Makes me feel bad for those burning their money paying a hundred more a ton for a dusty bag of okies.....

I have a few bags this year. Not burning very good. lots of hard ash built up inn the burn pot. A few years ago they burned great. i have about 20 bags left that i will have to mix in with the Maine's choice. Thinking about returning them but not sure i want to go through the effort.

Hi, I find that the Greene Team is the best that we can buy in our area, which is North of Rocester on Rt 16. Just a tip for those that are buying at Lowes, You can get a 10% coupon at your local Post Office. It's called the Movers packet I think.. Supposedly for when you move into a new town.

Also if you or any one you know is in the Military and have a militaryID, even if you're retired Lowes will use that for a 10% discount. You just have to tell them and show the military ID. We ended up getting Greene Team for about $3.27 a bag at the Lowes in Rochester, which is exit 13 off of Rt 16 (spaulding Turnpike) hope this helps people save some $$$$$.

Just picked up 10 bags of Green Team in Epping today.. Walked right past the 4 tons of inferior Currans and scoffed the green teams.

Green Team Gold are they a softwood / hardwood mix? I will keep a look out for em up here in NH

pelletizer said:
Green Team Gold are they a softwood / hardwood mix? I will keep a look out for em up here in NH

The bag says Hardwood. Beige bag, green lettering.They're made about 80 miles from me, but not available here now. Looks like their entire inventory is getting shipped east/northeast. I called the company and there is a dealer about 40 miles away, but an 80 mile roundtrip isn't worth it gas and time wise.

To follow up, I just burned through both a bag of Green Team and Maine's choice that I had picked up from Lowes. They both burned well in terms of heat an not huge amounts of ash, pot was not clogged up... I am excited to get some decent burn for a change on something other than okies... though I love those okies : )

Status
Not open for further replies.