Greene Team, Greene Gold and also Greene Platinum?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

geek

Minister of Fire
Feb 28, 2008
Central CT
I inquired about a "Platinum" bag they have on their website and here's their response:

"We have 3 different style bags, all of which contain the same exact product, made with the same raw materials, with the same process, at the same plant.

1) GREENE TEAM PLATINUM - Our newest brand, released in October 2011. A light-grey colored bag. Sold at Lowe's stores in ME, NH, and MA.

2) GREENE TEAM - A white bag. Sold at Lowe's stores mainly in CT, VT, NY, RI, NJ, and PA. Previously sold Lowe's stores in ME, NH, and MA.

3) GREENE GOLD - A gold bag. Sold at Independent Retailers in MA, CT, NY, VT, PA, WV, and OH.

Hope this clears things up. There shouldn't be a difference in ash content of our product, as we have the same process, same materials, same plant, and same personnel as previous years."

I never heard about the Platinum bag, maybe folks from up in MA can say if they've seen those.

There has been a lot of talk about the Platinum bags on here. Mainly because Lowes jacked the prices sky high once they started getting them. When I asked a few employees about the crazy price they said, "They are much better than the regular bags because they say platinum on them." Even though Robbie told me that they are the same as the other bags, I tried out 3 bags (not about to buy a ton at $275) and actually thought that the bags I burned caused a lot more carbon buildup in the burnpot. Not sure why.

Bought 7 bags of Platinum a month ago at Lowes in Rochester NH. Store employee told me that Platinum meant 100% hardwood and better than the other GT. Yeah, whatever I thought; tried some but at 269/ton they can keep them.

Good heat and yes more carbon buildup in burnpot. Much better than the GT I got early 2011. I would buy them at 219/ton.

I assume there's no color variation or other visible difference.

I assume there's no color variation or other visible difference.
Nope, the pellets looked the same as they did a year ago.

I inquired about a "Platinum" bag they have on their website and here's their response:

2) GREENE TEAM - A white bag. Previously sold Lowe's stores in ME, NH, and MA.

Damn! Why we get snubbed up here in Mass?

Status
Not open for further replies.