Greene team vs. Green Supremes

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jrogers999

Oct 9, 2011
Billerica Ma
I just got a ton on Greene Teams delivered from Lowes even though I was suppose to get Green Supremes. I like the Greene Teams
better. They seem to burn hotter and the fire is better. I've burned through about 2 tons of Green Supremes so
far. Also noticed there is much less dust in the Team bags.

I've been burning Greene Teams for 2 years and like them a lot. What did you pay for them? Up here in Maine Lowe's raised the price from $4.18 a bag to $5.49 a bag, which I refuse to pay. I'm down to my last 60 bags, so I'm looking for a replacement.

I'd pick the Greene Teams if I had to choose. A bit more heat with the GT's. GS's are a tad cleaner though.

Too bad you only got one ton. Lowes problem. I like the greene teams better, however, I too cant stand the price difference here in central Mass - 217 for Green Supremes and I just paid 261 for the Greene Teams. I think the ash is way less with GT, hotter, and last a little longer. On the same setting GS is giving me a higher flame, heat out put is good, lasting a little less time, but glass is dirtier and a little more ash.

I chose to get two tons of GT and one ton of GS. Seems silly maybe I ended up paying just under 800 to have it all delivered. They also let me use an expired 25 dollar of card too. The special price on the GT was b/c I used my lowes card. 5% off.

Hope that helps

Wow, Surprised to hear Lowes is charging more for the GT's. They usually charge the same price for whatever pellets they sell. Is Lowes catching on to the pellet game and finally realizing that all pellets aren't the same???????

Supposedly, they say it came from the company. I hope that is true.

I just bought 6 bags of GT Platinums @Lowes to try. $5.49. The alternative was Infernos $4.82. Ugg. They had no GT Standards. I paid $5.49 for the entertainment value of trying a new pellet, but I'd not buy volume at that price. It's a buck more than I paid for any pellet last year. I'll need more pellets around March so I'll be watching for a "fire" sale.

The email I received from Greene Team stated that all their pellets are exactly the same but with different packaging.
Greene Team = Greene Gold = Greene Platinum.

BTW, I bought a ton of Greene Gold, and I like them a lot.

I went to lowes in Nashua NH. I asked about price matching. There's a true value near my house charging $249.00 for a ton for Green Supremes. They price matched it without any evidence.(I thought lowes were giving me Green Supremes). So I got the Greene teams for $249.00 then I have them a 10% coupon. So pellets+delivery 289.00.

j-takeman said:
Wow, Surprised to hear Lowes is charging more for the GT's. They usually charge the same price for whatever pellets they sell. Is Lowes catching on to the pellet game and finally realizing that all pellets aren't the same???????

They have been charging more for GT Platinums. When all the Lowes around here ran out of the regular GT's, they started saying that the GT Platinums were better than the regular GT's. I told them that according to employees at GT (Robbie) that they were all the same, just different bags like someone else pointed out above. The guy actually told me that the Platinums have 5% or less ash. I laughed and said "Wow, thats a lot more than the regular GT's." ;) Haha Good thing I bought 2 tons in September for $177/ton before they started raising the prices.

Yeh it's GT Platinums I got.

I didn't know there were 2.

mepellet said:
jrogers999 said:
I didn't know there were 2.

There's 3 I think.
Regular
platinum
gold

Ive been wrong once or twice before though ;)

The pellets are the same. Just different bags. The regular is the old bag. Platinum just replaced them last fall. Just a new bag really. Surprised to hear some Lowes we charging less for the old bag and more for the new. The only thing I see different is they printed platinum on the old bag. No way I'd pay more if I had the choice between old and new seeing the pellet isn't any different!

j-takeman said:

The Lowes stores around here have been charging the premium price for GTs for about 2 months now. Glad I got mine for the $188 last Spring.

In the fall, the Lowes here was charging 4.something for the regular or old or standard GTs and a dollar more for the GT Platinums. Kind of like these are the super GTs. You have to be careful out there!

This is strange. I just paid the same price for my Green Teams as they were selling the Green Supremes for. Maybe that was a mistake, but I remember Lowe's could never tell you what pellet was coming on because they only had one sku number for all their pellets. Did they give Green Teams their own sku?

I know before we went to pay for ours tonight they guys just went to the desk and gave me a sku number to give the cashier.

Things that make you go "hmmmm"

warmncozy said:
This is strange. I just paid the same price for my Green Teams as they were selling the Green Supremes for. Maybe that was a mistake, but I remember Lowe's could never tell you what pellet was coming on because they only had one sku number for all their pellets. Did they give Green Teams their own sku?

I know before we went to pay for ours tonight they guys just went to the desk and gave me a sku number to give the cashier.

Things that make you go "hmmmm"

The few Lowes around me did give the GT Platinum a different SKU number.

just pick up a ton of green supremes at lowes here in western ny $187 .00 with the 10% off card not bad price for jan for 2012 :snake:

Status
Not open for further replies.