GreenWood100 re-build

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

ISeeDeadBTUs

Not sure at this point how deep the rebuild will go, but the side skin is rusting so she's coming apart. I hope to rebuild with SS panels with access panels attached so as to make mid-season cleaning a reality. It's off to profab for a bit of searching, then I'll post some pics of the top off.

Jimbo

ya gotta love those pictures with their tops off. I will be pullin the top off my old vintage tarm next weekend to check things out and feel around a bit to be sure she's ready for another year of service. It really is time for me to upgrade, but, it anit in the budget this year. Come to think of it, there aint no budget this year.
Mike

Hey any pics yet? I have one side off my GW to clean it. Wow I was shocked to see the build up. I am fabbing up one side w removable panels and stainless hardware to remove it during the season. My panels arent to rusty so gonna hack them up and reuse them. Have to see the outcome after this season before I switch to stainless.

Upon disassembling on of these RMND units, you might be amazed as I have been at how 'simple' they are.

Angle iron frame
One-piece combusion chamber
2 rows of watertubes bent at a 90 with a box manifold at each end
insulation, and
remanufactured beer can pulls (not even the cans) pressed together into 'skins

Have a gander . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.