Greetings from South Carolina.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gyprat

Oct 4, 2011
SC
Hello everybody! I've been lurking for a while and finally decided to join. No wood stove yet but we are thinking of getting one.
My neighbor got me into thinking about a wood stove. Our house is all electric, heating bills are getting higher and higher every year. We are hoping to get one purchased and installed before the heating season starts. Now it's matter of choosing the right stove for the house. I'll start a separate thread with some questions.

Welcome to the forum, I was just like you about three years ago, I heated my house with electric heat and with high heating bills and power outages that can happen during the cold winter cause me to purchase a wood stove and I 'am so glad i did. I found this site and they taught me so much. you came to the right place. If you are planning to burn this winter, you need to find good seasoned firewood. check around and see if anyone in your area has good seaon firewood for sell. and if you want to gather your own firewood start cutting and spilting right now and get a good head start for next season. good luck

Welcome...I am sure by now that you know you have found a great place for
all things wood-burning. Good luck in your stove search...was the hardest thing
for me. Little advice before you start...find out what type she likes first.

Welcome to the forum. A lot of help here, and ignore the "You don't have winter there." characters. I started heating my house in Texas in 1977. Because all that ice on the roof made the place pretty darn cold.

Ask away. Better to learn from our mistakes than to make them all over again.

Welcome! If you're thinking about a wood stove, start collecting wood now. You can install a stove in a few days but it takes a while to season the firewood. You'll like your stove a whole lot more if you have seasoned firewood to burn.

Status
Not open for further replies.