Guess the mystery tool

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leroy_B

Dec 23, 2010
Southern N.H.
Saved this tool from being scrap metal. Take a guess what the tool is and how it operates? This should be easy for a lot of seasoned wood chucks.

Attachments

• Mystery item.jpg
    Mystery item.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 178
  • Mystery item1.jpg
    Mystery item1.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 153
Reactions: Wildo
Chimney sweeping tool?

I'm with osage - looks like some type of tool for sweeping/scraping a chimney. Cheers!

I'd preserve it - cool tool for the man cave! Cheers!

Ahh, a Neuman, or "Mr Neuman and His Invention" as it says on the box of mine. I have a square one for cleaning my chimney. It works fairly well although I also run a square brush down it too to make sure the job is complete. Definitly use it, you use two ropes with it. Nice find in the scrap pile! Gee, maybe I should list it below;lol

good score my neighbor got both the round and square from his father. He says they work great. He also said that they can be a real ba$tard to pull through a cold chimney with a lot of build-up.

good score my neighbor got both the round and square from his father. He says they work great. He also said that they can be a real ba$tard to pull through a cold chimney with a lot of build-up.
Yeah doesn't look like it would co-operate with a big build up. Evidently it takes 2 light chains attached to the loops. One to pull one to flare. Just don't loose the chains down the flue.

correct, and it isnt that light to begin with before you add the chain. Oh yeah the rods get a bit of resin on them or it gets a bit krookerd and doesnt pull so easy.

correct, and it isnt that light to begin with before you add the chain. Oh yeah the rods get a bit of resin on them or it gets a bit krookerd and doesnt pull so easy.
I'll hang it from the ceiling in the mancave with some of my favorite antique beer cans (unmolested) like a mobile.

I don't use chains with mine, just some good poly rope, have never had it get stuck, but I have a 12" square clay liner (about 10.5 inch interior). The trick is to put it up and down several times gradually increasing the spread on each pass. Don't just drop it down and "open it all the way with significant pressure", then try to pull it up. I could see where that might get it stuck!

By the way ...... where is this dumpster?

Saved this tool from being scrap metal. Take a guess what the tool is and how it operates? This should be easy for a lot of seasoned wood chucks.

Looks like you're making breakfast on splitting day! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.