guinea pig

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
well this is his first install. bad thermostat, bad circ pump, wrong fittings in the storage, wrong main circ, no auto-mag, why can't they give us a piping diagram that is simple and easy to understand. two weeks of burning in idle and creosote and no heat coming into the storage. very frustrating for a carpenter with no knowledge of plumbing. I understand hot and cold but what the f*^& is a auto-mag. i want to burn hot with no emission's. maybe they have got it right now. i called Deloris's at bio heat and she was a sympathetic listener. it got results, they were here today and hopefully it is right now :grrr: . sweetheat

I feel your pain, after spending 12K, many leaks, undersized expansion tank which caused pressure relief valve to blow, air lock and the well went dry filling 500 gallon tank.
It is all a distant memory now, I can't wait to get my 1000 gallon tank next year.

things seem to be better now after installing a much larger taco circ. along with bigger fittings at the HX. flue gas temps at 540 with very little idling. top of tank is at 160 middle is at 132, bottom is just breaking over 102 degrees. Seems to be moving more hot water into storage, infloor zone has come on a few times to keep the shop up to 68 all day. below zero wind chills with a steady 25 knot NW wind howling here. sweetheat :)

Status
Not open for further replies.