H

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to be GM fan, but no more. No Obama Motors for me.

I have noticed about 6 gmc/chevy trucks on the road with rusted passenger side bumpers...i wonder if they skimped out on the chroming process ? a friend has a 2010 with less the 25 k and has rust not good !

mywaynow said:
I used to be GM fan, but no more. No Obama Motors for me.
+1 if i buy one it defnantly wont be from a gm dealership ill buy one outright from some one else who paid there money to em.

I have a 1983 Chevy K10 driven through many upstate NY winters. There is almost no rust to this day on that bumper(just minor surface rust that buffs right out). The steel and chrome must have been "Made in the USA". Too bad GM lost the recipe.

crs7200 said:
THEY ARE NOT DOING A RECALL. So, if you have a 2010 GMC or Chevy, check your bumpers and take it to the dealership to be replaced. They WILL NOT be calling you.

Just for your information: a recall is safety or emissions related; a warranty is for manufacturing defects and wear-out that is faster than normal wear and tear. You are using the warranty as will anyone else that has a bumper from the bad batch of bumpers.

NoPaint said:
crs7200 said:
THEY ARE NOT DOING A RECALL. So, if you have a 2010 GMC or Chevy, check your bumpers and take it to the dealership to be replaced. They WILL NOT be calling you.

Just for your information: a recall is safety or emissions related; a warranty is for manufacturing defects and wear-out that is faster than normal wear and tear. You are using the warranty as will anyone else that has a bumper from the bad batch of bumpers.
Actually, the warranty is for RUST THRU, not rust.

The bumpers are due to bad chrome process.

crs7200 said:
NoPaint said:
crs7200 said:

***ZOOM***

That was the sound of his post flying way over your head.

They aren't going to be recalling this "problem" because it is not a safety or emissions related problem. The terms of the warranty are irrelevant to his post.

Recalls cost TONS of money, so they try to avoid them at all costs.

CountryBoy19 said:
crs7200 said:
NoPaint said:
crs7200 said:

***ZOOM***

That was the sound of his post flying way over your head.

They aren't going to be recalling this "problem" because it is not a safety or emissions related problem. The terms of the warranty are irrelevant to his post.

Recalls cost TONS of money, so they try to avoid them at all costs.

NO, not a "ZOOM" . i understand that it is not a safety issue. But tell me this, you pay over $40,000 for a truck, don't you think that the dealership you bought it from owes you a call or letter saying that you need to check your bumper for rust because there was a problem??? Good business. Not to stir the pot, but keep your ZOOM coment to yourself. I have received letters from dealers in the past that explained other such problems. Like I said, it's good business.
Ya know what, I have been on here for a long time givning advice and adding constructive comments. I constantly see peoiple like yo with nothing better to say than carp. So, even if I get booted from this site (on no, what will I do!!??) you can go F&@% yourself and mind your own god damn business

[qu
ote author="mywaynow" date="1300245060"]I used to be GM fan, but no more. No Obama Motors for me.[/quote]
Me either and add Chrysler as well. The government bailout was as effective as beating a dead horse. BTW The current issue of Consumer Report lists Chrysler and GM as the worst two builders of automobiles sold in this country. But that is no surprise for most of us!

GMC = Gotta Mechanic Coming?

jensent said:
[qu
ote author="mywaynow" date="1300245060"]I used to be GM fan, but no more. No Obama Motors for me.
Me either and add Chrysler as well. The government bailout was as effective as beating a dead horse. BTW The current issue of Consumer Report lists Chrysler and GM as the worst two builders of automobiles sold in this country. But that is no surprise for most of us![/quote]

gm cars been so good to me some gm cars are junk you just got to know what to buy..... and that's been proven buicks with a 3800 been out over 30 yrs and no wonder why they can easily pass 300,000 with no problems

Status
Not open for further replies.