Had To Get A Bigger Stove Already!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

helismash

Nov 15, 2011
Upstate NY
Bought a Quad Santa Fe a month or so ago. We had a couple of real cold nights and that poor little stove just ran full bore and could barely keep up. My dealer told me the Santa Fe should do what I wanted it to but it wasnt quite big enough. I called my dealer and they allowed me what I paid for it so I traded up. All I can say is WOW! Big difference and lots of heat!
I wish I had purchased my stoves long ago. I love how nice and toasty warm the house is now AND im heating for a fraction of the price of oil! Here are a few pics of the new install. No OAK's on either stove yet but it will happen soon.

Attachments

• New Bay3 (Resized).jpg
    New Bay3 (Resized).jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 495
  • New Bay1 (Resized).jpg
    New Bay1 (Resized).jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 486
  • New Bay2 (Resized).jpg
    New Bay2 (Resized).jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 503
Nice.... Good lookin stove ;-P.

20,000 more BTU's should make a difference. They are great stoves, that pump the heat. The Classic Bay has an open firebox design on the sides of the pot, that allows the ash to actually build up in the pan. Its not just for the pot cleanout (like the Santa Fe, AE, Castile). That was a big deciding factor when I bought mine. Dealer pointed out how tue ash just builds up in the firebox on other models. Can definitely go awhile before emptying.

Enjoy...

Nice, Glad the dealer took care of you!

2 stoves will get you bonus points in the pellet pig club. ;-)

j-takeman said:
Nice, Glad the dealer took care of you!

2 stoves will get you bonus points in the pellet pig club. ;-)

Yeah, but he will have a penalty assessed for undersizing so no bonus points until next season (new cranky old Bear rule) ;-) .

Yeah, but he will have a penalty assessed for undersizing so no bonus points until next season (new cranky old Bear rule)

Yep, live and learn! My dealer has been very good so far. I am going up today to pick up another tom of pellets. I bought 3 and so far have burned a ton plus I have been running all over picking up different bags of pellets to see what my stoves like. I dont have a truck or a trailer yet so I have to make multiple trips today to get the other ton home! I have a Jeep so I can get 18 bags at a time in it! I figure I will pick up a ton this week and another in a couple weeks after that. That should get me through this burn season. My plan is to put up an out building this year so I can put my camper in it and my fathers hot rod. That will leave me enough room to easily fit 6 tons or so in the garage and still have room to move.
Time to go fondle my pellets1 ;-)

helismash said:
Yeah, but he will have a penalty assessed for undersizing so no bonus points until next season (new cranky old Bear rule)

Yep, live and learn! My dealer has been very good so far. I am going up today to pick up another tom of pellets. I bought 3 and so far have burned a ton plus I have been running all over picking up different bags of pellets to see what my stoves like. I dont have a truck or a trailer yet so I have to make multiple trips today to get the other ton home! I have a Jeep so I can get 18 bags at a time in it! I figure I will pick up a ton this week and another in a couple weeks after that. That should get me through this burn season. My plan is to put up an out building this year so I can put my camper in it and my fathers hot rod. That will leave me enough room to easily fit 6 tons or so in the garage and still have room to move.
Time to go fondle my pellets1 ;-)

Yep, those extra 20,000 btu's come at a price > more pellets but, hey, I'd do the same if I had a dealer like that! I wish I had the Classic Bay insert instead of my Sante Fe.

Yep, those extra 20,000 btu’s come at a price > more pellets but, hey, I’d do the same if I had a dealer like that! I wish I had the Classic Bay insert instead of my Sante Fe.

I actually went about it backwards! I should have had a santa Fe insert upstairs and the Classic Bay downstairs. I'm not complaining though. This insert upstairs burns about 1/2 bag a day right now and I am burning a bag a day downstairs. I expect that to double when it gets cold but hey, its still far better than paying the oil man!

helismash said:
Yep, those extra 20,000 btu’s come at a price > more pellets but, hey, I’d do the same if I had a dealer like that! I wish I had the Classic Bay insert instead of my Sante Fe.

I actually went about it backwards! I should have had a santa Fe insert upstairs and the Classic Bay downstairs. I'm not complaining though. This insert upstairs burns about 1/2 bag a day right now and I am burning a bag a day downstairs. I expect that to double when it gets cold but hey, its still far better than paying the oil man!

You have that right!!! Or feeding two heat pumps at 20 degrees with some Obama electricity.

I love my Sante Fe, had a couple super cold nights here and it keeps everything around 70. And were talking 3 degrees in the morning. I noticed when I opened the feed rate alittle more that made a difference..

Status
Not open for further replies.