Had to get out to plow snow today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Backwoods Savage

Minister of Fire
Feb 14, 2007
Michigan
Even right after surgery, the driveway needed plowing so I just put my coat on and went to work.

Snowplow.gif

What was I plowing? Snow, of course!

snow.gif

I bet medicare will buy that thing for all us OLDER shutins.Looks like a good business to get into. Only $3500 for the basic model and $500 for heated grips. The special duty model has ski's instead of wheels but you must have 25 hours of instruction before operating. Hard hat, knee pads, and goggles are extra.
leaddog

Nice to see you up and about so quickly! So, is there a reason you cannot sit on the quad? Roid-ectomy perhaps?

Well, it may sound strange, but I did get on the quad! I even plowed one of my wife's walking paths (about 1/2 mile). If you heard some strange sounds yesterday, that, no doubt, was my wife welcoming me back into the house... She was not happy.

Sav, if you can put chains on that smokin needs your service this weekend.

Zap

Good one :lol:
Now you hook that to a "hoveround" with chains, you could get after it.

Holy cow it's good to know that you can get up, do things, throw a leg over the quad etc so soon after a replacement.

Dennis please be careful. The first few months are critical to rehab. It's pay me now by going by the book or suffering later because you didn't. One slip on the ice means an ambulance ride to the ED. It's not pretty. Be safe.
Ed

Backwoods Savage said:
Even right after surgery, the driveway needed plowing so I just put my coat on and went to work.

What was I plowing? Snow, of course!
HAHA! Nice!

Dennis your looking much quicker! May just be the aerodynamic helmet?

... and women call us stupid ! ; )

Glad you're on the mend!

by the look of the picture you should be done by spring thaw

bet the wife doesnt let you out again anytime soon

Hope you continue to recover well!

And I hope we continue to get some melting! Bring on spring!

zapny said:

Zap

Hey, I could do the snow plowing for Jay and his crew! It is a long ride down there though.

Backwoods Savage said:
zapny said:

Zap

Hey, I could do the snow plowing for Jay and his crew! It is a long ride down there though.
Hook a little trailer behind it and where off to the races......

No Dave. She tries to hold me down but sometimes one just has to get out. Right now I just came in from plowing some more snow and this time she did not complain. I think we're making progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.