HALLELUJIAH, it's finally in....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ourhouse

Minister of Fire
Feb 16, 2006
Norfolk Ma
The chimney sweep came today and finished my install. Here's some pics. I have one question though, the pipe is 1/2" higher than I thought it was going to be. I have to heat shield the top. What do you recommend using.....sheetmetal or something else?

Attachments

• Woodstove 1.jpg
    Woodstove 1.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 435
  • Woodstove 3.JPG
    Woodstove 3.JPG
    15.3 KB · Views: 471
  • Outside Pipe 1.JPG
    Outside Pipe 1.JPG
    20.1 KB · Views: 472
  • Outside Pipe 2.JPG
    Outside Pipe 2.JPG
    22.9 KB · Views: 431
earthharvester said:
The chimney sweep came today and finished my install. Here's some pics. I have one question though, the pipe is 1/2" higher than I thought it was going to be. I have to heat shield the top. What do you recommend using.....sheetmetal or something else?

I'd cut a section of tin or sheet metal in a triangle to fit the whole corner. Better yet I'd consider a old time "floor Vent" in a couple of areas

Thanks everyone. The inspection is sometime thursday, so no fire untill then. I cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well it's about time!! :)
Congrats, looks good John.

I gotta get something hooked up soon!

Craig

EH: I doubt the inspector is going to measue for 1/2" Great job

Should it become necessary Tell them I will come up witha satisfactory solution

Please do do as one un informed poster suggested start cutting holes in the floor,

Colder weather is on the way j you are ready just in time now if only you had some wood?

I'd put a door on the stove before burning :p Other than that, looks like you're ready for fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.